Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I've just been with my wife for our first anniversary. We really like this place, we have been once before. It's clean, traditional but modern and has a nice atmosphere. It's nice to just sit and read the paper with a glass of wine by the fire. The place is good value, we had a standard room which was fine. Would go again definitely. The breakfast is nice but I'm not sure about those bean jars!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank menamestom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I booked this short break for my husbands 50th, it met all our expectations. I can not give any negative comments. We stayed in a standard room which was superb and just what we wantd, bottle of wine awaited us in ice bucket, excellent white, could have changd to red we were told by reception girl who was very helpful forgot to ask her name!!! Breakfast was supurb each mornin again helpful staff just dynin to go back a big thanku to the staff

Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Reviewed 8 November 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with an overnight stay at the cranleigh and I was not disappointed ! The staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy , the suite was beautiful and I particularly liked the T.V over the spa bath . Lovely !

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Excellent facilities, excellent staff, excellent breakfast, friendly atmosphere and made for a very enjoyable weekend in the Lakes.
We will be returning in the future and it will be to The Cranleigh .

Room Tip: Room 5 or 6
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJA2
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our stay at The Cranleigh was faultless. The staff were so friendly, welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was superb, particularly the bathroom with it's spa bath and TV. Scrummy breakfast, spoilt for choice. The Spa facilities were amazing.They had thought of absolutely everything....... we will return.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay from start to finish. Every member of staff we met did everything they could to meet our requests and were friendly and professional throughout, a real credit to themselves and the management. The room was without fault and utterly relaxing. I'm not a big breakfast fan, but I found myself over eating every morning because the selection and standard of food was excellent. The hotel is literally a 1 minute walk from the town and the lake isn't much more than a 2 minute walk - a great location.

The only gripe, and it's a small one, is with the affiliated spa. There was a lovely drench shower with hot, cold and aromatherapy settings. A steam room, sauna and ice room which were all lovely. A spacious 20m pool....... but no jacuzzi! I've never been to a spa that didn't have a jacuzzi. I would have expected that as a minimum after a £3 million refurbishment. I've never been to a spa before without a jacuzzi. Anyway, it was all very lovely and the lake views from the pool were fabulous.

Overall, I would recommend to anyone and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 14 has an air spa bath, super king size bed and a little view of the lake. A very relaxing room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janine11982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#4 of 20 in Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!