“Lovely overnight stay”

Cranleigh Boutique
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely overnight stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We really enjoyed our short stay at this very friendly Hotel. The staff were lovely, the room extremely clean and comfortable with a lovely view of Lake Windermere. This hotel is very convenient for the small town and lake tours and so we were able to leave our car in the car park!! We didn't visit the spa, but suspect it is lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank minisusie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have never written a review of any hotel I have stayed at. Mainly because I usually can't be bothered, or because I don't think anyone actually reads them. From the minute I started reading reviews of the Cranleigh, I knew that I wanted to stay there and see what all the fuss was about. It certainly did not disappoint!

I booked the hotel as a 23rd birthday present for my boyfriend last month. My boyfriend Brian and I stayed there on the 28th and 29th of May. I think I have partly struggled to write this review because I don't think that words will do it justice....but I will give it my best shot.

The Cranleigh boasts about offering the best in romance. They certainly did not disappoint! 5* truly deserved. Nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in room 8, which was perfect for us. My favourite feature was the heated floor in the bathroom. A very minor criticism is that the bathrobes could have been softer to add to the luxury provided.

Having said that, it was such a minor issue that it did not change how much I loved the hotel!!!! We felt that the hotel staff were very friendly and took a genuine interest in us, which made our trip that much more special. Elena at reception was particularly fantastic in the way she dealt with all of our questions regarding things to see and do in the area, including advice on where to eat etc.

I really could go on about how amazing I think this hotel is, but as I said before, nothing I say will do it justice. It's best you go ahead and experience it for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

Kwilo

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kw1lz
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked this as a weekend away trip before our baby arrives for my husband’s birthday. From the day of booking I had constant contact via emails received about things to do and making the trip extra special. I ordered chocolate covered strawberries for one day and chocolates for another. I also had communication with regards to looking at a place to have afternoon tea. After a few emails back and forth even though it is advertised on their website the hotel couldn’t tell me the prices and suggested I look for myself which I had already done. The hotel was very accommodating when I emailed asking for extra towels to fit around my bump! And they also provided me with the maternity unit number for the closest hospital just encase anything did happen.

We arrived at the Cranleigh on the Friday slightly ahead of their check-in time. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed at where the room was not ready, we were advised to go and have a look around and then come back between 2.30-3. We did just that went to the Beatrix potter museum and had a walk by the lake all of which was lovely.

We arrived back at the Cranleigh and the receptionist took us up to our room (room 11) my only slight issue here was the speed at which she went. Being 35 weeks pregnant and trying to get up 2 flight of stairs meant by the time I got to the top I was exhausted. She then quickly ran through everything I don’t think I caught half of what she said so maybe I would recommend that she slow down a bit when explaining about the room.

The room its self was spotless if I was on four in a bed I would say the only thing that let it down was a couple of scuff marks above the bath but it’s not something which would ever bother you. The TV in the bath was a lovely touch just sad I couldn’t use the bubbles in the bath but hubby did and said they were fab. The chocolate strawberries were there on arrival but so were the chocolates (this made me a little sad as I wanted hubby to have 2 presents on 2 days) he didn’t care though and enjoyed the strawberries though most of the chocolate stayed stuck to the plate. It’s a fab idea to have a dvd library (though you might want to update some of the films and check the spelling of Bridget!) Apart from me being picky it was amazing including Huggie who had a slight hole under his arm but fell in love with the teddy. It was also a nice touch to have a letter waiting for you but unfortunately my name was spelt incorrectly.

I spoke to the evening receptionist on the way out on the Friday night with regards to ordering a film. She was happy to put the film in the room for us, not only that she said she would replace huggie for us, I said no please don’t and that we would buy him and she knocked him down in price for us. I also mentioned the bath robes which were not soft and were quite straggly, she said they were changing from old to new and that we probably had old ones. That evening we went out to eat at the Sutherland pub what amazing food.

When we returned that night we had chocolates waiting in our room, the water had been topped up bathroom items replaced and it was just very cosy.

The breakfast on the Saturday morning was fantastic cooked to perfection and a nice selection of other items in the fruit and cereal range. Saturday we spent out and about.

Then Saturday night we spent on a boat which was recommended by the Crangleigh facebook page which was Sail ‘N’ Dine. John with his boat is the number 1 attraction in the town and he deserves that honour. The whole experience was amazing and definitely well worth the money. I am very glad they promoted this option for people to use.

We returned on the Saturday night again to chocolates on the pillows and everything replenished.

Sunday we had again another amazing breakfast and proceeded to check out. The receptionist was lovely and we left with our huggie!

The only things I would change with regards to the Cranleigh,
1.The speed of being shown everything in the room.
2.The bathrobes so they were soft and fluffy and fitted even pregnant ladies!
3.Paying for the room I would have preferred all the money to be paid at once at the beginning then any additional extras charged at the end of the stay.
4.Make sure that reception knows what the Facebook page is offering when you promote items, so when you do communicate you are not having to say where abouts it is on your own website.
5.The price I can understand why it is the price it is, but maybe offering the rooms at even £20 less a night would make it more affordable. Especially the hideaway hubby would love to stay there but justifying £400 a night isn’t easy.
6.Make sure you spell the customer’s name right on the letter in the room which was a lovely touch but spelling my name incorrectly made me a little sad.
7.Make sure that if you are offering to do sweets , chocolates etc that you follow the instructions in the emails.
8.Just because it is so nice move check out time to a bit later maybe 11.30!

Would we stay here again most definitely the hotel does exactly what you would expect for a 5* hotel. Would I give it 5* in this review yes because I am probably being quite picky with the items I found fault with. Highly recommend this for couples of all ages!

P.S. Love the Tied Up door hangers so you don’t get disturbed!

5 Thank Kelly B
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay in luxury room no 5 for the occasion of my 40th birthday . The quality of the hotel, rooms, staff and service was perfect with little touches which makes your stay even better. Can t wait to return!

1 Thank Victoria0814
edinburgh , scotland
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Cranleigh is described as a boutique hotel and its top offering is a quirky stylish outpost called The Sanctuary. This is an unassuming white bungalow type affair to the rear of the main hotel. However inside are all the required ingredients for a romantic escape, wide screen TV with Bose sound system, stylish gas fire, big shower, coloured lighting, outdoor jacuzzi, and the star turn a huge designer aluminium bath with glass side. Champagne and chocolate on arrival, very good breakfast and this can be served in the main hotel or as room service at no extra cost (though The Sanctuary is scarcely inexpensive). A great and memorable experience and only marked down by half a star from 5 to 4.5 stars due to minor issues particularly absence of thick curtains on the sliding doors to the jacuzzi ensuring a very early wake up in summer. Also tradesmans vans blocking the small guest car park both days.

1 Thank EastNeukie
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We have just returned from a three night break at this lovely hotel! We stayed on the Because I love you package in room no 8. We were shown to our room, which was lovely, there was champagne on ice waiting for us, with a lovely box of Chocolates, petals on the bed, a beautifully wrapped single rose & a Huggie teddy bear! Lovely touches! Breakfast was very nice, and a varied choice. Nothing was a bother to the friendly staff, always cheerful! The hotel is ideally situated a few minutes walk from lake,shops & restraurants. The Cranleigh is a lovely, tranquil escape after the buselling crowds , we were very lucky to have beautiful weather during our stay too! We would highly recommend this lovely hotel!! First class! Thankyou to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant!!

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We have just returned home from a 2 night stay here celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary (11th June). We stayed in luxury room 9 and we got the 'Because I Love You' package. We walked into the beautiful room to a bed covered in rose petals, chocolates, a rose and a teddy bear and had champagne on ice waiting for us. It really was the perfect anniversary. I've stayed in some amazing hotels but this really was the most romantic. The fact that you have access to a good range of DVDs is a nice touch as you really don't want to leave the room and the tv in the bathroom above the spa bath was just amazing. We ate at porto which we can highly recommend and also did the sunset cruise on lake windermere. Breakfast each day was lovely and all the staff are so helpful. Thank you so much for making this such a special experience.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Natalie110606
hudson101, Public Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Wow your stay sounds lovely, it sounds like you really mad the most of the room, the local attractions and the local restaurants. We’re really glad that we made your stay very romantic and so special. Happy wedding anniversary, we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,348 reviews
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,807 reviews
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!