We attended this location as part of our UK summer break and thought hat this hotel looked appealing and quiet modern. We were not disappointed both my and my partner upon arriving at the hotel were greeted by the reception staff who advised us that the parking at the front of the hotel was full but there was an overflow car park 2 minutes away, and this was not wrong the car park was secure and located a short distance from the hotel. We checked in about 14:45 and check in was from 15:00 I did ask the staff if we could have checked in quicker and they did say that it would not have been an issue. The staff on the desk were friendly open and very efficient when booking us in.
They took us to our room which was room 11, this was just perfect due to the weather being extremely hot the windows of the room were open and we had a view of the main road this was not an issue at all. The staff showed us round the room and all the features that were available. We then got settled in.
We did have a few extras from the hotel such as strawberries dipped in chocolate (very tasty), Champaign and a message in a bottle, as well as some extra chocolates. This was a nice touch and most enjoyable but is was at a cost to us which we had arranged prior to arriving, perfect if you are enjoying a romantic break. The hotel is located a short distance from the lake and it is more than possible to walk to all locations round the area and the staff will point you in the right direction I know they did for us.
Breakfast at the hotel was included in the price and I cannot fault this at all it was most tasty I would recommend the Cranleigh breakfast.
I found that with this hotel you pay for what you get the service is impeccable and if you wanted to spend more then your could have had different rooms and a totally different experience and this is what I found most appealing about the hotel, each room is different and offered each person/couple a unique experience for there room type.
I would recommend this hotel to any couples who are looking for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique accommodation, perfectly located in the Heart of the English Lake District. 23 Individually designed rooms and Suites with features including: private hot tubs, super sized air spa baths, free Wifi, free car parking, and access to leisure and spa facilities. Adult only accommodation. International award winning accommodation, completely unique to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cranleigh Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranleigh Guesthouse Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Cranleigh Boutique Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District