Cranleigh Boutique
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$189
US$184
Windermere Hydro Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$238
US$231
  • Pool
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$411
Priceline
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
1,769 results
All reviewsluxury roommood lightingair spa bathsanctuary suiteescape suitelip balmhideout houserose petalstortechampagne on iceteddy bearmy partneripod dockunderfloor heatingon arrivaleggs benedictlake cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just returned from a two night break with my husband and we stayed in the sanctuary suite. WOW! It was amazing. I'd booked it as a surprise for my husband and it certainly did that. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated with little special touches here and there. The bed was so comforatable, the pillows so soft we didn't want to get out of bed but the hot tub in the private garden was our incentive to do so! The bathroom with the crystal bath and tv was a girls dream, hubby could have his shower whilst I relaxed in the bath! The mirrored windows leading outside meant anyone looking over from their window could see me but I could see the blue sky whilst soaking!
The hot tub was great fun and we certainly made good use of it especially as it as so hot that weekend. Even though it was a 'hot' tub it was refreshing to have a dip when it was as hot as it was outside.
Breakfast served in the room was a lovely touch, delivered promptly and with a smile despite my bed head hair! My husband had the full English both mornings and enjoyed it, little touches like keeping the beans hot in a little glass jar so they wouldn't go cold or turn other bits soggy whilst you had your toast/cereal/pastries. I had pastries and smoked salmon. Very tasty and they were generous with the portions.
The mini bar was reasonably priced too, not extortionate prices like you'd expect in a hotel, just regular bar prices.
The service was superb too. Elena was very polite, efficient and helpful on email on the run up to our stay, even ringing me on the day we were due to arrive to let me know the room would be available early (12:30!) if we were nearby then we could check in earlier than the 3pm as standard.
We both loved our stay here and we are already wondering when we can afford to stay again! Worth every penny

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Public Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

‘Wow’ – we love it! Creating the Wow factor is one of the things we love to achieve. The Sanctuary really is an amazing suite and we love how enthusiastic you are about it. The hot tub is a fantastic feature especially when the weather is nice but great too that you can use it when it’s not – win, win! Thanks for your feedback especially on the staff and the breakfast particularly as we deliver the breakfasts to the suites it’s valuable to know that we are getting this right for our customers. It sounds like we will be welcoming you again in the future at The Cranleigh, we look forward to this. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed in the boutique's hideaway house and it was amazing. It exceeded all our expectations in every way. Would definately recommend the cranleigh boutique for a romantic weekend away. We will be back in the near future either to stay in the hideaway house again or to try the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for your feedback on The Hideout Boutique house; we’re really happy that you had a fantastic time within it. It’s such an exclusive private haven and we’re very pleased it exceeded your expectations. If you are considering staying within the hotel next time, The Sanctuary suite would comes highly recommended and is second to none for romance. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, thanks again.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a two night stay at the Cranleigh. When we arrived we were told that there had been an issue with the room which we had booked. The receptionist said that we would have to stay in a different room each night. She apologised for this and told us that our belongings would be moved to our new room for us. We did not mind and we looked forward to staying in two different rooms.

The room was beautiful with a lovely spa bath. The only issue I had was that I specifically booked a room with a shower, but the room we were given had a shower attached to the bath. I have a problem with my arm which meant I could not hold the shower above my head. I spoke with duty manager and she was really helpful and offered us the use of another room with a shower. She then brought us a bottle of Champagne on ice for the inconvenience.

It was really hot during our stay but there was a fan in the room which helped us to keep the room cool. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings in the room were luxurious and the room was spotless.

Breakfast at the Cranleigh was fantastic and beautifully presented. There was a good choice of cereals and pastries. The selection of hot meals was great and I loved the Duck egg and soldiers!

We had an amazing time at the Cranleigh and we will certainly be going back. The staff were fantastic and the rooms are beautiful. It was a great base for seeing the lake district.

Room Tip: Room 11 was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your comprehensive and honest review. We’re genuinely happy that despite a few problems along the way you still had a fantastic time with us and that you would recommend us so well so much so that you plan to return. As you can imagine things don’t always run smoothly when you run a hotel and it’s a relief to have a review from someone who has had issues along the way but is still highly recommending us, that shows us that we are doing things right even when small mistakes are made. Thanks once again, we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had a two night stay here and were not disappointed, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, we stayed in room 12, which is on the top floor, unfortunately we stayed on a very hot spell and the room was very hot, although a fan had been put into the room. The room was very luxurious with a stunning bathroom, it was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was amazing and served by lovely staff. The location is great very near the lake and lots of eating places and pubs nearby. Would love to go back but maybe when it is not so hot.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower I would not take room 12
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for review, we know that you have gone out of your way to input it and we really appreciate this. We’re glad that the hotel matched your expectations and that the staff delivered themselves as friendly and helpful. Your very right we have been blessed with an exceptional summer to date and this has impacted on heat levels within the hotel and as a result we have been ensuring rooms have adequate cooling systems! Extra fans can be gained from reception should you come again and the heat still be an issue. Thanks for your comments on the cleanliness, staff and the location as they are key valuable aspects to the hotel, we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We attended this location as part of our UK summer break and thought hat this hotel looked appealing and quiet modern. We were not disappointed both my and my partner upon arriving at the hotel were greeted by the reception staff who advised us that the parking at the front of the hotel was full but there was an overflow car park 2 minutes away, and this was not wrong the car park was secure and located a short distance from the hotel. We checked in about 14:45 and check in was from 15:00 I did ask the staff if we could have checked in quicker and they did say that it would not have been an issue. The staff on the desk were friendly open and very efficient when booking us in.

They took us to our room which was room 11, this was just perfect due to the weather being extremely hot the windows of the room were open and we had a view of the main road this was not an issue at all. The staff showed us round the room and all the features that were available. We then got settled in.

We did have a few extras from the hotel such as strawberries dipped in chocolate (very tasty), Champaign and a message in a bottle, as well as some extra chocolates. This was a nice touch and most enjoyable but is was at a cost to us which we had arranged prior to arriving, perfect if you are enjoying a romantic break. The hotel is located a short distance from the lake and it is more than possible to walk to all locations round the area and the staff will point you in the right direction I know they did for us.

Breakfast at the hotel was included in the price and I cannot fault this at all it was most tasty I would recommend the Cranleigh breakfast.

I found that with this hotel you pay for what you get the service is impeccable and if you wanted to spend more then your could have had different rooms and a totally different experience and this is what I found most appealing about the hotel, each room is different and offered each person/couple a unique experience for there room type.

I would recommend this hotel to any couples who are looking for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: If its hot ask for a fan for the room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comprehensive and lengthy review. We understand that it does take time to complete such reviews and we are therefore very grateful for the amount of time and thought which you have put into it.

The staff stand out as being great within your review which is brilliant as management train them to be as helpful as possible and as customer savvy as suited to the high end market and this evidently comes across.

We’re glad you enjoyed the additional extras which you booked with us, it’s nice that we can supply extra bits and that they make an impact to guests stays.

We thank you for your recommendations in advance as stated and we hope to welcome you back to the Cranleigh in the future.