“Perfect Stay”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at The Cranleigh for 3 nights. It was a surprise trip with my fiancée. This is hands down one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. I was expecting big things and they delivered. I also purchased the 'Because I love you' extras which my fiancée loved. The rose petals, champagne, teddy bear etc made me very popular. The breakfasts were fantastic and the staff could not have been more helpful, polite and attentive. The cleanliness of the room was exceptional and we hope to stay here again when we go back to the Lakes in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We arrived at the Cranleigh hotel on Tuesday 27th August and from the moment we arrived to the moment we checked out we were treated extremely well by the polite and helpful staff, who could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable.
The hotel and most importantly our room, room number 5 were very luxurious, spacious and comfortable. The turn down service was a nice touch with the chocolates on the pillow.
The location is excellent, only a 2 minute walk to Lake Windermere and the Spa facilities.
Overall we had an AMAZING stay and we will definately be back very soon!!

Room Tip: Room number 5 is good as it's situated on the first floor at the front of the hotel. It also h...
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had a great stay at the Cranleigh. Staff were lovely and very helpful, nothing was too much for them. The location was good, just a 5 minute walk into the main town. The room was lovely really clean and all the little touches such as chocolates on our pillow and a complimentary box of chocolates was really nice to come back to after we had been for a walk. DVD's were available from reception. Breakfast was great couldn't fault anything, breakfast staff were excellent. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and after hearing the reviews i must say i was expecting BIG things....................i've got to say I was a little disappointed :-(

Don't get me wrong the hotel was lovely and exceptionally clean, we stayed in room 10 (i think) which has recently been renovated but was sooooo small and noisey as it overlooks the main road and let me tell you there is traffic CONSTANTLY.

I paid £139 for this room and expected so much more for the money I spent here on one night.

I requested a bottle of champagne on arrival which was already on ice in the room but again I do feel that also was overpriced.

I think if you're going to stay here then your going to have to pay more for a bigger room which is such a shame given the current economic climate.

Breakfast was lovely and the staff very helpful.
Would I stay here again? I'm not so sure if i'm honest which is a real shame.

1  Thank Dee D
hudson101, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Firstly thank you for taking the time to place your review; we take all reviews very seriously. We always strive to learn from customers’ experiences so that we can improve on a continual basis.

The room that you occupied was Room 3, which is a standard room priced at £111:00 plus government taxes. The Lake District in general unfortunately is not the cheapest place to stay. Fortunately however you are blessed with the scenic surroundings. The taxman does frustratingly bump up our prices however by 20% which is a total of £28:00! This adds on substantially.

The room costs give you the advantage of the Spa facilities, an extensive DVD selection and a delicious breakfast (as you suggest) to name but a few - all in a luxurious room. We have competitively thought out our prices and we do think that they reflect the service provided as a whole. Yes we are not cheapest in the area but you do get a lot for the price.

You had a bottle of champagne within your room, which is priced at £36:00 we believe that this is a competitive price. Thank you for the feedback nether the less though as we are carrying out further research so to ensure we remain competitive with this.

The Cranleigh is a centrally located hotel, which is one of the reasons why many of our guests choose to stay; they have the added bonus of not having additional transport costs on a night something which increases spends considerably within the area as taxis locally are very expensive.

Due to our location we are a two-minute walk away from the center of Bowness this is an advantage, but as you suggest we do face a road as a result. There is traffic on the road due to the tourist town being so popular. We do feel that it is important to note that the traffic and noise alike reduces down through the evening, it is not constant as you suggest. We do understand that this particular issue bothers some guests and not others and that there is very little in which we can do to resolve this.

You mention that you were expecting big things and that you were disappointed, I would be very grateful if you could spare some time and gain contact with me as I really would like to understand a bit more. We try extremely hard to present all of our rooms very clearly through our website. On our site each room displays a number of photographs showing their individuality and we also offer a short video showing a true reflection of the rooms. We have done this so to make it visually appealing and to display exactly what it is that you are booking. We are sorry if in some way this has not worked for you. We would really like to speak with you to find out more information to see what it is that you expected from us and what exactly we did not deliver on.

If there is something else which we can do for our guests then we would really like to know so to ensure that we do provide a unique experience, we will try our best to deliver at all times.

Thank you for noticing that our staff were very helpful, I will pass this onto the team. It’s also nice to hear good comments in relation to the breakfast and that you did think the hotel was lovely.

Thank you for taking the time to read this once again and for your feedback. If you would be kind enough to gain contact with me I would be very grateful, you can reach me on: emma@stephenhargreaves.co.uk

Kind Regards.

Emma Dickinson
Community Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Hello! We had two nights in room 9------ check in ladies were lovely and showed us how all of the gadgets worked- great stuff! Bottle of bubbly in room was a lovely touch! Bed was very comfortable and it was lovely to come back to a spa bath after a day of biking about! DVDs were a lovely idea---- was great just to chill! Turn down service and choc on bed a nice touch. Breakfast was filling. Will go again! : )

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband booked this for my 30th birthday.
We had 2 nights in room 16.
The hotel location is perfect, just out of the main tourist area but close enough for a nice walk.
The staff are very lovely and accomodating to any needs / requirements. The would make food reservations for you etc.
The room itself is very spacey and clean. The bed is lovely and comfy. The bathroom is fab. Double ended bath, with pillows. Tv and nice dressing gowns with complimentary toiletries.
We used the spa facilities also at a connecting hotel and we really enjoyed that.
On our return after our evening trip out the hotel faries had been in and tidied the bedroom including towels and bedding and placed a choclate on our pillow. I thought that was a very nice touch.
You can pay for added extras. My husband organised rose petals and a message in a bottle. As part of the hotel package we had a boat trip which we enjoyed.
My only feedback or suggestion would be that a fridge would be nice in the room for the water that is provided and maybe fresh milk (which is offered) for the tea and coffee. Also some sort of cooling system would be nice for room 16. Found it very stuffy at certian times of the day, however the hotel do provide a tower fan (which we used).
Overall a fantastic stay. Thank you

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just the most lovely place we have ever stayed, romantic, stylish, relaxing. Breakfast very very tastyl, staff friendly and happy, location perfect, room 12 gorgeous with the most amazing jet spa bath. We will most definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 12; the bath is brilliant. No shower but didn't bother us. On second floor, quite warm in t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#4 of 20 in Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!