“great location”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for one night in room 16 on the ground floor in the 2nd building. The room is exactly as shown on their website. It is less than a 2 min walk into the centre of town and no more than 5 mins to the lake. We did arrive early on a very wet, grey and cold day and were told our room was not yet ready and that we were more than welcome to sit in the lounge near the fire and have a coffee or if we felt like going for a walk we could and that the room would be ready by 3 (this did not bother us at all as we had arrived early and I have seen some others negative comments). We decided to go into the town centre. When we got back where we were shown to our room and everything was explained to us (maybe a little to quickly). The bed was comfortable and the room well heated. Breakfast was nice but the service by the girl with the coffee and toast was a little frosty. You can see a little of the lake from the window but not that much.

Room Tip: Wee stayed in room 16. You can see a very small portion of the lake ( small corner) but dont expect...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We take all feedback seriously both positive and constructive and can assure you that we will be monitoring the staff at breakfast, we do usually get great comments relating to the staff and the breakfast so we are surprised by this however please note thanks for highlighting to us it means we can monitor more closely. We hope you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in room 12. It was so relaxing, we had a lovely jacuzzi bath with lighting effect in the bath, felt luxurious.
All the staff in the Cranleigh worked really hard to make our stay enjoyable, and were all very friendly and polite.
The breakfasts were lovely, and the rooms felt really nice.
Little touches such as complimentary glass of Prosceco, chocolates in the evening really made you feel special. It was more expensive than other places we have stayed at, but it was worth the money.
Being able to use the spa was an added bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for us. It means a lot to hear great comments from out guests. We’re really happy you enjoyed your stay and the added little touches made you feel special. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

To be honest, I didn't pick this particular "room" to suit my tastes. It was a belated big birthday present for my husband. I myself prefer shabby chic/country twee for a Lake District break. My husband likes modern, contemporary with all the mod cons, and boy - did this deliver!

The hideout isn't on the main Cranleigh site, but a short drive across town. As we approached I panicked, thinking "where on earth have I brought him?". A bland, edge of village housing estate, without so much as a glimpse of lake or fells (except as you are driving away from the house). But don't let that put you off.

As you enter, the sheer luxury of this place becomes obvious with your first step. Feet sinking into carpet so deep you could bounce on it. A bedroom which would look at home in "Gracelands" with the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in, and a tempting glimpse down the spiral staircase of what lies beneath.

Knowing what was downstairs, I wanted to keep the best till last, so I ushered my husband upstairs into the lounge/kitchen/diner. Champagne on ice as requested and a big grin on my husbands face when he saw the huge TV and 3D glasses. He loved the modernity of the place.

I finally took him down the spiral staircase, which was mood lit "romantically" and watched his face as he took it all in. Enormous spa bath, monsoon shower, home cinema, cocktail bar, iPad controls for all gadgets in one place. Techno heaven! To say he was like a kid at Christmas was an understatement.

The service by the staff was superb. We did have one small issue with the bathroom, which the lovely manager Emma came to deal with immediately and without fuss. The breakfast (we chose to have continental in the hideout) was excellent and well thought out.

Overall, I would highly recommend a stay here, especially if (like my husband) you or yours likes high spec luxury with gadgets galore.

We hope to go back and try some of the other rooms in the Cranleigh in the near future. The sanctuary suite has my name written all over it!

Thanks Cranleigh team for creating such a perfect environment to celebrate in!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank CumbriaGirly

Wow your review is great! Thank you very much for this, we will probably share this with our social media followers. We are very pleased that you and your husband especially (as it was his birthday gift) enjoyed the luxury and offerings of the Hideout Boutique. It makes us feel pleased to say the least - that we are attracting the people who will love the experience the most, the people the Hideout if perfect for! It really is a perfect environment as you have suggested especially if you like modern high spec environments, lush Boutique design and pure relaxation. Thank you once again; we really do appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in the sanctuary suite with my girlfriend for her birthday, had the most amazing time. Truly a magical experience from start to finish. I'd recommend the romance package - champagne and chocolates, rose petals on the bed! The hotel staff had even gone to the trouble of writing her a birthday card in time for our arrival. Mickeala on reception was a wonderful help from check in till check out, from helping us choose a romantic restaurant (Porto was absolutely fantastic) to helping me pay for the room when my girlfriend wasn't there so she wouldn't know the cost! :) Breakfast was delicious - and brought to our room at a time we chose the night before. The hot tub is a lovely temperature and the whole ambience in the sanctuary suite is worth every penny in my opinion. My girlfriend said it was the best weekend of her life - and it was mine too. Reception even telephoned to make sure we got home ok! We will be back as soon as we possibly can of course! No wonder this hotel is voted the most romantic in the UK, and the third most romantic in the world. The only downside is I may have to find out what those top 2 are to top this for her next birthday!!!!!! A truly magnificent stay all round, thank you to you all. If I could give this place six stars I would.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Your review is fantastic, thank you very much. We are genuinely very pleased that both you and your girlfriend had a great stay. It always pleases us when we hear comments such as ‘My girlfriend said it was the best weekend of her life’. It makes all our hard work seem worth the while. The Sanctuary is a stunning location and perfect for happy memories. We hope to see you again soon, thanks once again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I actually made it on our 3rd attempt to have 2 wonderful nights at this Fabulous Hotel. It is everything it is marketed to be, wonderful rooms, outstanding breakfast and just those little added extra's that mean so much. We arrived on 1st November to be greated by the most courteous of receptionists. Not only was she welcoming and had that friendly smile, she also helped take our luggage to the room, as she could see I was struggling with walking due to recovering from a broken leg. We were shown our room - Superior Room 11, and shown the most amazing spa bath (which I took great pleasure in enjoying on numerous occasions) we were told that when we were ready there would be a complimentary glass of Prosecco waiting for us in reception, what an amazing touch. I then discovered chocolates on the bed with rose petals, again, just an added extra, but this is what the Cranleigh is about. We have had the great fortune, of staying in top hotels all over the world, including the world famous Waldorf in New York and I have to say that none of them compare to the Cranleigh. All hotel staff are courteous to their clientele but the Cranleigh goes that extra mile. A Message to the Manager - you must be very proud of your staff their etiquette and they way that your clientele are looked after is spectacular, this is from Reception to the staff at breakfast.

We cannot wait to visit again, this Hotel should be on the top of everyones list to visit. I hope that everyone reading this review and who stay at the Cranleigh, enjoy themselves as much as what my husband and I have done. Well Done to everyone, your Hotel is the TOPS. Almost forgot, after your stay, they actually phone you to make sure you had a safe journey home, Amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a comprehensive review for us. It means so much to hear you compare us to the likes of the Waldorf and to insinuate that we are better is such great feedback! We are very proud of what we have created hear at the Cranleigh and the staff are exceptional. It’s always lovely to hear good feedback about them. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, all the best.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and husband stayed at the cranleigh for 2 nights for our anniversary this weekend .
We went with high expectations after reading all the excellent reviews and we were not disappointed .
Service amazing , rooms superb and location for restaurants etc is ideal .
We stayed in room 14 , was immaculate , loved the bathroom with great deep spa bath , we have never had so many baths in 1 weekend !
We arrived to a card , chocolates and rose petals on the bed , really lovely touch for a romantic weekend .
Everything was honestly perfect and we loved every minute. Breakfast delicious and great service again . Staff cannot do enough for you , michaela very helpful and welcoming and great with help for restaurants etc. Thankyou .
So yes we would definitely love to return here one day . Thanks for making our anniversary one to remember !

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cazzalawson

Firstly Happy Anniversary! We are over the moon that we made your special time so enjoyable. Thank you very much for all your kind comments, we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in one of the luxury rooms, room 12.
All we can say is 'amazing'. It was the perfect way to spend our mini moon. We loved the bathroom, great spa bath and you could bathe with no lights as the bath had lights that changed colour, great addition to this.
We had a view of the hotel across the road and the lake which was great. It's a 2 min walk from the town, perfect. We used the pool etc, it's about 5 mins away, but that was no problem as it was a great amenity to have.
Very clean and well presented. There is one of the reception staff in particular that was very polite and friendly.
Thank you again for a fantastic stay. Will def come again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out to place a review for us. It means a lot to us to hear your feedback. We’re really happy you made the most of the facilities on offer and that your stay was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Cranleigh.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!