Just returned from a lovely 4 night break at the Cranleigh. We spent the first 3 nights in room 6 which is classed as a luxury room and I would agree it is a luxury room with a beautiful bathroom, mini bar, luxurious furnishings. Lots of little extra touches which make your stay more pleasurable. Because I extended our stay at the last minute we had to move to room 5, also classed as a luxury room, which I would not agree with. Room was very small and some of the furniture a bit shabby, with a scratched dressing table. The bathroom in the main was nice but the air bath was worn on the air flow system buttons and they were very uncomfortable to lay on. Also whilst laid in the bath water escaped unexpectedly, as the plug didn't close completely We were left quite disappointed with this room, having expected it to be like the previous room, being both classed as luxury rooms and paying for such.In my opinion room 5 was at best a superior room and should be charged as such. I must say the move from one room to another was very painless as our bags were moved by the staff. On a more positive note the staff are excellent and a credit to the owners.Very friendly, professional manner even offering us chocolates on the Saturday night when we decided to stay in and enjoy the room. Breakfast was excellent with a fantastic choice and served piping hot by very present, professional staff. Nothing was too much trouble. We would stay here again but would probably look to stay in a room at the back of the hotel as the road at the front is quite noisy. The service was better than we have had in any 5 star resorts we have stayed in all over the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique accommodation, Rooms Suites and Boutique Houses. All perfectly located in the Heart of the English Lake District.Each Individually designed with features including: private hot tubs, super sized air spa baths, free Wifi, free car parking, and access to leisure and spa facilities. Adult only accommodation. International multi award winning accommodation, completely unique to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Cranleigh Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranleigh Guesthouse Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Cranleigh Boutique Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District