“Lovely staff, not quite worth the money”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Wolverhampton
“Lovely staff, not quite worth the money”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a super 2 night stay to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, great location a few minutes walk from the town and Macdonald Hotel in which you have use of the gym and spa (would recommend). Stayed in room 10, which is classed as a suite, fairly large room with a bay window with no privacy, though it is at the back of the hotel. A huge luxurious airbath which I struggled to get in and out of (only 5ft 2), unfortunately no upright shower just a retractable hose from the bath.
I had thought when booking that I'd booked a special offer and didn't check my confirmation until the day before arriving,and found my suite wasn't included in the offer, unfortunately I wasn't allowed to change rooms, which would have saved me £100 and included a bottle of champagne and 2 Lake cruiser tickets. I was informed that they were fully booked though appeared to have vacancies when we arrived.
The staff were all friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, Vegetarian bacon would be great, also Quorn best of British sausages are by far the tastiest.
I've been fortunate to stay at 5 star hotels previously and have enjoyed L'Occitane toiletries and I think it's these sort of extras that I was expecting. Also things like the complimentary tea and biscuits (one pack of 2 biscuits) a little mean. Apart from the change of room there was nothing that could have been rectified during our stay but am hoping my comments are taken as constructive tips.

2 Thank veggieLisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have OCD. This was our second stay and we will be back! Classy rooms, always spotless with the loveliest team. Breakfast is one of the best I've experienced with very attentive & courteous staff. Location is ideal for the town: very short walk up hill from waterfront. Top tip: best priced Laurent Perrier Rose in town! We love this place.

• Stayed August 2014
hudson101, Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for your review and it was a pleasure in welcoming you back to the Cranleigh, hopeful the 1st of many returns. It sounds as if everything during your stay was delightful, which is music to our ears, great top tip too.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is beautiful we stayed for 2 nights for our 7th wedding anniversary and they made it so special for us, they had laid out flowers chocolates n a cold bottle of champagne and a cute teddy we stayed in no 13 it was amazing lovely cozy bed, the bathroom with under floor heating n lights, was just amazing to relax in the bath with the mood lighting on watching the tv after a day ov walking the hills :).
When we got to the hotel to unpack my husband had taken his clothes out n found his shower gel had leaked all over his tops n the house maids were very kind the took them away n washed them for us n brought them back all clean, all the staff are very kind n helpful. Also when we got their we were greeted by the lovely receptionist Elena she was very kind, helpful will do anything to make sure you are happy :) nothing is a bother to her. I would deffo recommend this hotel to my family and friends and hopefully we will be booking again soon.

• Stayed August 2014
Congratulations on your 7th wedding anniversary., and thank you for your amazing review not only of the hotel but the staff as well. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I can see from your review we didn’t disappoint. We are pleased to see you would recommend us and we look forward to your return.
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend booked The Cranleigh as a surprise for my birthday - and what a surprise it was. He booked the escape suite which was pretty special. A short walk from the main hotel, the lady showed us our suite and was ever so helpful, informative and friendly. Greeted with music playing and dim lights. There are 3 TVs in this suite. A main one in the 'lounge' and then one opposite the bed and one in the bathroom above the 2 person jet spa. There are two dvd players and the hotel offers DVDs with a wide range of choice.
I can not express enough how much we loved our stay and perfect it was. truly was 5* accommodation and more.
We decided to get breakfast sent to the room - because we could and have not had this before. (and it was free of charge) I had the eggs Benedict with no parma ham and asked for mushrooms and hash browns and my boyfriend had the full English breakfast. It certainly set us up for the day when we climbed a mountain that day.
We will definitely be back and would love to try the hideout however to us the escape was perfect.

2 Thank LND88
Thank you for taking the time out to post your comments about your recent stay with us, we are pleased to hear that your surprise Birthday treat was so special.
Our breakfasts truly set you up for the day, whether climbing mountains or just having a relaxing day. We look forward to your return to try out the hideout.
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I have just spent two excellent nights in the escape suite 4th / 5th August 2104. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and we wanted to celebrate it with something a little special. We were more than happy with the Cranleigh Boutique and our room 17 "the escape suite". We found the staff to be very pleasant and more than happy to help in anyway they could - (thanks to the young man for sorting flowers / chocolates and a teddy (soft I know)). We also got a bottle of champagne(on ice) and a congratulations card left in the room on the day of our anniversary. The bed was very comfortable and huge, the décor was very tastefully done, the bathroom was a bit special with a TV above the whirlpool bath, and the bath had 20 lights under the water with two settings choose a colour or let them change across a number of different colours. The bathroom mirror with inlaid lighting was a nice touch. Breakfast was a "special" experience (when you a used to having shredded wheat), we choose to have it delivered to the room (all free of charge) with smoked salmon with scrabbled eggs & eggs benedict being the main show suitably supported by toast and a choice of preserves followed by a number of pastries washed down with excellent tea & coffee. Again the staff who delivered the food were very pleasant and courteous. I took the opportunity to use the free Spa pass for the Old England Hotel which is only approx 1 min walk down the hill - I used the 20m pool which was very quiet (9.00am) I also had a quick look in the gym which was pretty big for a hotel and looked to have every machine you would need along with free weights. We would not hesitate in commending this hotel as we had an most enjoyable stay and will be returning again.
Mr & Mrs Morris

1 Thank Andy M
Thank you for such an amazing review and we are happy that you chose the Cranleigh celebrate your 25th Wedding Anniversary, it sounds as if we ticked all the boxes for you. We looked forward to you returning to us, maybe to celebrate your 26th Anniversary.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Fifth visit, never fails to impress. Unlike some hotels, it doesn't 'peak’, rest on its laurels and decline. Other establishment could learn a lot about the Cranleigh’s customer-centred approach and dedication to excellence.

Room Tip: The Escape suite is outstanding
1 Thank Sean M
hudson101, Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Wow, fifth visit Sean, thank you so much for the review, we are so glad that as a returning guest you have still taken time out to write such positive comments, we look forward to your 6th visit with us in the Escape Suite.
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Found the Cranleigh on TA and it didn't disappoint hotel and staff were great, all of whom could do enough to meet our needs and requests during our stay - would strongly recommended this hotel to anybody. Thanks

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DEN98
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent birthday weekend stay with us, I am happy to hear that nothing disappointed you during your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cranleigh to celebrate your next birthday.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#3 of 20 in Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!