“Honeymoon Heaven!”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 21 April 2010

The Cranleigh can't come any more highly recommended! Just got back from a week's honeymoon and really missing all the special touches...we spent two nights in the Sanctuary which really led up to it's name and was perfect for the post wedding wind-down! There were plenty of breakfast options and the best part - served in your room at your chosen time!! The second part of our honeymoon was spent in the Hideaway...with three televisions there was no arguments about whose watching what!! The hotel is soooooo ideally located for lake Windermere and despite not having a car we were able to explore a large part of the area through the various local transport options. Lake Windermere was only two minutes walk! All of the staff were so accomodating and helpful...always genuinely friendly. Very kindly gave us a complimentary bottle of bubbly to celebrate on our last night. There was a good selection of DVDs to borrow and the rooms were just lush in every way. So much thought and detail has gone into the decor making it feel so much more luxurious and homely than your average hotel room. We could have made use of a nearby hotel's leisure facilities and spa complimentary but the weather was so nice we did not want to waste it by being indoors! My husband and I firstly recommend that if you've never been to the Lakes before - you got to get yourself now a.s.a.p you don't know what you're missing. And the only place to stay is the Cranleigh, there are plenty of rooms to choose from (see their website) so something for everyone's budget!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Thank you for your fantastic comments they are hugely appreciated. We believe The Sanctuary suite to be the most luxurious room in the Lake District. It is the perfect place to stay in the English Lake District away from the main building, private and peaceful. When designing the room we wanted to create something that no-one had ever achieved in the Lakes and we believe we have especially when we receive such reviews as yours. It makes it all worth while thank you so much.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed 13 April 2010

It is unusual for me to take the time to write a review of a hotel but prior to my trip to the lake district i spent a gret deal of time scouring others reviews looking for the perfect hotel and as such I feel I owe it to trip advisor to share my experence.
We styed for four nights in "the hideaway", the photos on the website do not do this room justice, it is spacious yet homely, on trend and yet plush, comfy and homely - honestly its AMAZING! The bathroom and in particular the huge spa bath with tv above it go to make the room something out of the ordinary.
Breakfast was served each day to our room and was fresh and delicious. Every member of staff we met through out our stay was polite and friendly. I honestly cant fault any one of them. Each day the entire room was spottlesly cleaned through out and left looking as beautiful as the day we checked in by a seemingly invisable maid service.
The complimentry toiletries were great and plentiful and topped up each day, little touches went a long way like an ice bucket refilled each day, and huge pieces of fresh fruit and a huge dvd library to borrow from.
In previous reviews I have read people complaining of noisey roads and myself and my partener thought this was laughable the hotel is in a fantastic location, barely any noise from traffic at night and certainly none we could hear from inside our room and yet just a 2 minute walk from the restraunts and bars in Bowness. Parking was not a problem for us during our stay - although its true to say the spaces are tight - we manged to get parked with no hassle both times we used the car.
I honestly can not fault the hotel or staff at all - although I am well travelled I would rarley choose to pay a premium for a hotel room like this so I had high expectations of the Cranleigh - and it easily met everyone of them. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2010

Thank you for your review. The Hideaway was very carefully designed to create a room luxury private haven. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2010

You'll have to excuse the modesty here but I work in the hospitality industry so I'd like to think I have a bit of an eye for a decent looking property. Stayed one night in one of the luxury lodges and was genuinely blown away. Not the cheapest place I've stayed in but worth every penny. Went for a meal then watched the Godfather in the bath with a bottle of red wine. Nice!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2010

I saw your title which is great and can only thank you for your feedback. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2010

We booked a night away at The Cranleigh on the recommendation of a friend and both myself and my wife are delighted we did. Our 2nd child was born in January and we decided to have a night of peace and quiet without the kids in luxury surroundings. We booked the Hideaway suite and it was fantastic. The decor and facilities in the room were top class. I have travelled extensively and I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere with a better appointed bathroom. The double shower and large spa bath with mood lighting and tv were top class. The staff we came into contact were extremely pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. We asked to see the Sanctuary suite if it wasn't occupied and this was no problem at all. We will definitely be booking a break in there one day soon. Our breakfast arrived at our room at 8.30 and was excellent. Everything was piping hot and cooked to perfection. If you're thinking of a night away in the Lakes this is the perfect place to stay. We couldn't find fault with a single aspect of our stay. I've read the negative comments posted on here and can only come to the conclusion that these were posted by 'professional whingers'.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please visit us again soon and recommend The Cranleigh to your friends.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a one night stay , we couldn't fault anything. The room was wonderful, very clean with ipod dock, flat screen tv and dvd player. It was also the little things like the umbrella and hairdryer that you don't always get in the best hotels. The breakfast was excellent. We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2010

A fantastic review thank you for taking the time to write it and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

Found the hotel without problem and parked up at rear, within 6 feet of the door to our room which was a seperate building to the main hotel and reception. The room (The Hideaway) was lavishly decorated and furnished with all one would need in a room and more besides and is one the best rooms I've stayed in. Large TV in lounge area, large TV in bedroom area and TV built in above the spa bath. Ipod dock is a great idea as well, especially as you can pipe music into the bathroom whilst you soak in the spa bath.
Location is excellent with a 2 minute walk into Bowness and the lake. We had breakfast in the main part of the hotel, although we could have had breakfast in the room. The service was excellent, friendly and the food was great. Local produce used and you can tell.
The owners were chatty and very welcoming and nothing seeme to be too much bother.

Highly recommend and would definately visit the Cranleigh Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on The Hideaway. If you do stay with us again have a look at The Sanctuary. Great feedback hugely appreciated.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

I treated my partner for his 30th birthday to a short break in the Lake District and we stayed in Room 10 - Suite with a jacuzzi & balcony. The hotel was definitely the highlight of our trip, we actually looked forward to going back to our room in the evening! The experience was everything we could want and more - the hotel is just a few minutes walk away from the restaurants, pubs & shops in Bowness, the breakfast was delicious and generous, the staff friendly & helpful - just fantastic!

This hotel was more expensive than our usual style, we usually travel on quite a strict budget - but in saying that we definitely got our moneys worth. There were some lovely touches to our room, like the heated floor in the bathroom, the luxurious tolietries, the mirrored TV in the bathroom, the large TV in our room and extensive DVD collection available.

If you can afford to stay in this hotel it's definitely worth paying th extra - or if like us it's a special occassion and you want to push the boat out - you will not be disappointed!

Special thanks to Tony & all the other staff members who made our trip so enjoyable! Keep up the good work, and we'll definitely be back to see you again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#4 of 20 in Windermere
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#4 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!