“amazing”

Cranleigh Boutique
sunderland
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

My husband and I have 2 children so when we get the chance of some time on our own we like a little luxury...and we certainly got it at the crainleigh. Our room was everything we hoped for and more, we booked the hideaway suite. What it does'nt tell you on the internet is that it opens out onto a lovely little patio for 2 where we enjoyed a lovely bottle of bubbly. I could have easily stayed another night or 2 and will def return. Breakfast was delivered to our room and was lovely and plentiful....even if I try really hard I can not fault this hotel, staff location or rooms, we have stayed in a few 5 star hotels accross europe and the crainleigh certainly hs the wow factor.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Bathgate, West Lothian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Everything was superb. We were celebrating my 60th birthday and our 40th (Ruby) Wedding Anniversary. It was also my husband's birthday. The Sanctuary was the perfect place for us to chill and not worry about anything. Except for the weather - it was ideal. Staff were superb - especially Mickeala. Nothing was any bother.

Evesham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

My Husband and I stayed at The Cranleigh for our Honeymoon and we loved every minute - the staff are friendly and helpful, the Hotel is Luxurious and the area is beautiful - What more could you want.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Another brilliant review. Thank you so much for taking your time to write this,
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Very good service and all round excellent hotel. Would recommend to anyone. Spa was superb.

Stoke on Trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Me & My Boyfriend stayed at The Cranleigh in Winderemere for a long weekend. The Hotel is absolutely beautiful and in the right location...right neat the town village, shops, restaurants & bars... Its literally a 2 minute walk to them!
The Parking is maybe a downpoint as when the hotel is full there is quite a struggle to find a car park space...! But all was quite well when we went for the weekend.
The Room was absolutely gorgeous although it wasn;t an en-suite as we had our own private bathroom down the hallway. i didnt like this too much if im being honest. walking down the hallway half naked!! But a reasonable price for the room...!
Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous! Service from the staff is excellent! Very Professional & always wanting to offer help. Free Dvd's ato watch out of the library lthough the ones we had were quite scratched so we didnt end up watching them!!
A Lovely Hotel, I will be back but most probably stay in a better room!!! Thank Cranleigh to a Brilliant Weekend!! XX

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
blackpool, U.K.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

The Cranleigh would be the perfect guesthouse for most couples,the rooms are well designed and very clean although I feel rather overpriced. Our room (NO.9) was on the top floor and was rather pokey and claustrophobic, and also extremely hot. As there was no air con we had to leave all the windows open all night, which was fine until 5 am, when the local rooks decided to sit on the windowsill and caw for their lives! Unfortunately we travelleded as a group of 8 friends, with one of the couples staying in the incredibly overpriced 'Sanctuary' ( this is actually a little bungalow in the middle of the carpark!) It has a hot-tub outside, which seats 8 people - strange for a room which is aimed at romantic couples! The hotel manager was horrified that 4 of our group actually decided to use the hot-tub after 10.00pm, and actually threatened to call the Police! Having travelled as a large group all over Europe for many years, and never once having any complaints made against us, we found this rather odd behavior. The manager was extremely rude and I wouldn't recommend anyone booking this hotel if they intend to have any fun.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

It has took me a few months to write this review as I wasn't aware that the Cranleigh was on tripadvisor. All I can about this hotel is wow! Me and my partner were blown away, we stayed in suite 10 which was a beautiful room, it had big plasma screen tv and a huge hot tub with a tele in the bathroom. Immediately when we arrived we were surprised at the quality of the hotel inside, it is very luxurious and clearly must have took a lot of time to do up. In fact, i loved the styling of the hotel so much I really want to design our first house together that way. It is very modern and just a really high quality. The bed was really comfy and we slept very well. The man who was working there (who I think was the owner) was very nice and friendly and very professional. We felt very at home. In terms of location, it was only a few minutes walk from the centre where we walked down one day and had an amazing three course meal from one of the little pubs, it was the best meal I have ever had so make sure u have a wander. There are lots of beautiful things to look at and the atmosphere is so refreshing. Also, I just read somebody else's review who was complaining about the price- I'm sorry but you get what you pay for and I don't think that 125 pounds for a room is unreasonable considering what you are getting for it. Anyway visit this place, you won't be dissapointed, I have just recommended to my friend who has booked her honeymoon here!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
Thank you for your fabulous review on The Cranleigh and for recommending us to your friends. The Sanctuary suite would make their honeymoon very special indeed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,330 reviews
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,777 reviews
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!