This is a great guest house. The deluxe room we had was well accessorised, was spacious and had a good ensuite bathroom. Super comfy mattress and an excellent night's sleep.
Only negative comments about the accommodation was that a coat of emulsion wouldn't go amiss in the room we were in, but maybe this is hand on a rolling programme as the common areas were all fresh. The carpet in the bedroom was a bit stained and there was a faint whiff of animals but that didn't spoil the stay or bother us as we have 2 dogs. Still, at £222 for 2 midweek nights this needs addressed I think.
Location is great, lovely gardens and very short walk to town and lake. There is a very steep hill but I'm sure this worked off a calorie or 2! Tight calves in the morning!!
The owner was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was fab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield is a charming Georgian house set in quiet secluded grounds with its own car park. Located in a quiet cul-de-sac, yet just a few steps from the waterfront, shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants of Bowness. There is a spacious terrace and garden, a large lounge and free Internet and Wi-fi access. Four-poster rooms, some with spa bath’s, and a state-of-the-art penthouse. Generous breakfast. Champagne and chocolates available. Ideal for a romantic break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Garden Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Garden Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Fairfield Garden Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District