Elim Bank Hotel
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$196
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$352
US$282
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$276
US$242
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$256
Hotels.com
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$248
US$109
White Lodge Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$142
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfriendly coupleb brecommend this hotellovely ownersfamily roomthe beautiful lake districtcar parkan ideal locationfull english breakfastroom was spotlesswould stay againshort breakbiscuitsguest housemargarethostsensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Run by a quirky, elderly couple who couldn't do enough to please.

We arrived 2 hours before the earliest check in. Upon ringing to ask when was a good time to arrive, were told to come straight away & park in their car park. Room had already been cleaned so we checked in too.

Location is ideal as you are moments from Bowness centre & 5 mins to the Lake, and only 10-15 mins walk from Windermere.

Breakfast was varied (help yourself to juice, fruit, cereal etc) and no set menu - we were given a list of items & able to choose as much or little as we wanted & how we wanted each cooked.

The entire place is dated in terms of decor (a bit flowery for my liking!) but spotlessly clean and very spacious and comfortable.

Bathroom was huge, with a bath and shower.

Bedroom window opened wide (sounds daft but this is a big plus for us).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary. Brian and Margaret were the perfect hosts, friendly, chatty and informative. And contrary to comments in other reviews, the customer service was top notch with all our queries answered. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from Bowness centre.
The car park is on the small side but unless you arrive in an articulated lorry then you will get parked ok. Anyone who knows the Lake District will understand that car parking is premium and limited so we welcomed what they had.
The room decor is very chintzy and quaint but whoever complains about a bed-spread and curtains really needs to look at the wider picture and put the clip-board away ! All you need is in there, tea, coffee etc.
Breakfast was very nice with all our requirements met. All in all, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1 is at the front of the hotel and faces onto the road but is still very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

If you expect a warm welcome then please....drive on to the next b&b. Upon arrival the old man who owns the hotel came out and advised it where we parked was no good then when I asked if there was any public parking he added that clearly his car park was not good enough- this man is the most cantankerous, belligerent, rude person I have ever come across customer service is not his strong point whatsoever. He asked me if I was happy to stay to which I replied I hope so I have paid £80....I would not have paid so much knowing that in the room there is hairdryer,the decor was like I was a fleur timewarp. I did not attend breakfast as I didn't want my weekend to be spoilt- in fairness his wife is perfectly nice & friendly. I know people will read this one bad review and think moaner but honestly avoid,avoid,avoid! I know people will read this one bad review and think moaner but honestly avoid, avoid, avoid! After all the old man did tell me he doesn't need the money of people staying there-arrogant,condescending person

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank sunshinebear
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked a night at Elim Bank so we could sight see Bowness and sample a bit of its night life. The hotel was simple to find with ideal parking. We where met in a great and friendly manner and even shown up to our room. It is a warm, cosy and very clean place to stay. Every thing you could need was in the room, tv, tea, coffee making and ensuite. Breakfast was homecooked and served hot. After checking out we where even allowed to leave our car there a bit longer so we could get some last minute gifts. A thumbs up from A B & L H

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The hotel is a typical old house, so it was quite a different experience for us. Brian and Margaret are wonderful hosts, the rooms were very clean and spacious and breakfast was home cooked. The location is excellent too. We had a lovey stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family