“great place to stay”

Elim Bank Hotel
lanzarote
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here in august for my sons wedding very clean and comfortable central location comfortable beds very clean good breakfast hosts very welcoming.brian has a very dry sense of humour.interesting house with lots of original features. Overall a good b and b that ticked all our boxes. Thanks to brian and margaret

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few weeks ago and did not enjoy my stay at all. I have a disabled drivers badge and offered to park away from the hotel the owner took offence to this. I go to bowness three times per year and I like to try different b&bs everytime. I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. The room had a strange smell, there was no light in the bathroom which was extremely small, the bed was lumpy and the breakfast was cold. I did not like the male owners attitude he was very rude and grumbled as he had to walk up the stairs because I asked him to come and check the bedroom door, he does not seem happy in his job and is not a people person. Maybe it is time for him to retire, I agree with the bad reviews on here. Maybe he likes the look of some people and not others and this sways his attitude towards you.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Haveatry
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We loved our time at Elim Bank. Brian and Margaret are so welcoming and helpful. It is handy to the shops, restaurants and the bay. Breakfast was very tasty and the rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter W
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here on Friday and i was shocked at reading the bad reviews this place is lovely. The couple that own it are so lovely think the people who wrote the bad reviews must of got the wrong place. Location excellent, room very nice and clean and comfy had a great nights sleep and the breakfast was lovely really enjoyed our stay. Advice ignore bad reviews its lovely go and enjoy and to the owners thank you ignore the reviews of some people we loved it and would highly recommend thank you Michelle and James ( Leeds )

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Run by a quirky, elderly couple who couldn't do enough to please.

We arrived 2 hours before the earliest check in. Upon ringing to ask when was a good time to arrive, were told to come straight away & park in their car park. Room had already been cleaned so we checked in too.

Location is ideal as you are moments from Bowness centre & 5 mins to the Lake, and only 10-15 mins walk from Windermere.

Breakfast was varied (help yourself to juice, fruit, cereal etc) and no set menu - we were given a list of items & able to choose as much or little as we wanted & how we wanted each cooked.

The entire place is dated in terms of decor (a bit flowery for my liking!) but spotlessly clean and very spacious and comfortable.

Bathroom was huge, with a bath and shower.

Bedroom window opened wide (sounds daft but this is a big plus for us).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary. Brian and Margaret were the perfect hosts, friendly, chatty and informative. And contrary to comments in other reviews, the customer service was top notch with all our queries answered. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from Bowness centre.
The car park is on the small side but unless you arrive in an articulated lorry then you will get parked ok. Anyone who knows the Lake District will understand that car parking is premium and limited so we welcomed what they had.
The room decor is very chintzy and quaint but whoever complains about a bed-spread and curtains really needs to look at the wider picture and put the clip-board away ! All you need is in there, tea, coffee etc.
Breakfast was very nice with all our requirements met. All in all, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1 is at the front of the hotel and faces onto the road but is still very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
yorkshire
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

If you expect a warm welcome then please....drive on to the next b&b. Upon arrival the old man who owns the hotel came out and advised it where we parked was no good then when I asked if there was any public parking he added that clearly his car park was not good enough- this man is the most cantankerous, belligerent, rude person I have ever come across customer service is not his strong point whatsoever. He asked me if I was happy to stay to which I replied I hope so I have paid £80....I would not have paid so much knowing that in the room there is hairdryer,the decor was like I was a fleur timewarp. I did not attend breakfast as I didn't want my weekend to be spoilt- in fairness his wife is perfectly nice & friendly. I know people will read this one bad review and think moaner but honestly avoid,avoid,avoid! I know people will read this one bad review and think moaner but honestly avoid, avoid, avoid! After all the old man did tell me he doesn't need the money of people staying there-arrogant,condescending person

• Stayed May 2013