I would recommend this guest house to anybody! We had a wonderful stay here and would definitely return!
The building overlooks Lake Windermere giving you gorgeous views every time you look out of your windows. These views alone make this guest house worth staying at!
The room itself was perfect for what we needed. Wardrobe, drawers, bedside cabinets, TV and the bed was extremely comfortable! We slept like babies!
Mark and Emma were fantastic! We had 2 mountain bikes, they gave us a safe place to keep them. We used their garden to stargaze using a telescope, they climbed up the wall and covered the security light sensor to give us the darkness we needed. The heating had a problem, so while we were out they put an electric heater on in our room making it nice and warm for our return (they were extremely apologetic about any inconvenience the heating may have caused but the electric heater was more than enough!) And finally they served a delicious breakfast every morning with a smile!
Would recommend to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawkrigg Guest House is a beautiful family run guest house situated on a hill over looking lake Windermere.It has 3 rooms with fantastic views and all are en-suite. It is in the middle of the lake District national park, which gives you easy access to everything the lake District has to offer. There are many Pubs and Restaurants nearby, in the villages of Bowness, Windermere, Hawkshead, Coniston and Ambleside. It is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hawkrigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawkrigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Hawkrigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District