“Shocking and unwelcoming”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Lancashire
“Shocking and unwelcoming”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived with no pre booked seat. Places available but was made to feel a burden.

Husband and I had read great reviews so expected a great experience.

no such luck!!

My meal, chicken in cashew nuts was meant to be garlic based with herbs. There was ALOT of chilli in it. To the point of discomfort and not eating it all.

Why not complain? Waitresses too busy running round and only asked how it was when collecting plates from main, which was approx 30 mins after the arrived!

It was very much a get in and get you out atmosphere.

We shall never return and All this went in their personal feedback to.

Waitresses need to learn some people skills DESPERATELY!!!!

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“fast food is an understatement !”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you have been to bownes PS or Windermere you will know there is an abundance of Chinese and Thai restaurants to choose from. We opted for Jintana purely on the Trip adviser reviews. Oh dear.

We walked in and the place was busy although there was the odd spare table. Good sign I thought. The Thai waitress seemed put out when we asked for a table of two because we hadn't booked one before turning up. We were offered a table next to the bar which was fine.

Before we sat down the menus were given to us and it was as though they wanted us to order straight away. Very rushed. We ordered prawn crackers which arrived within 30secs followed very swiftly by our starter. Wow.

We were barely finished and the mains appeared we were practically still chewing our starters. I ordered a Cumberland ale (which the waitress had never heard of) and asked me to point at a menu. I know I'm from Lancashire but my strong accent isn't that bad !

My meal was spicy which I expected (I was pre warned) but so was my wife's which was supposed to be mild. She sweated her way through it and was not impressed.

Soon as we were finished the desert menu appeared from know where but we just wanted out to the nearest pub to bring the wifes face out of a state of burnt numbness.

In my opinion food was OK in my wife's she is just coming round now. If you want fast (and I mean linford Christie on a moped fast) then please do visit but not if you want to breath between courses.

Ingleton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Called in at lunch time and chose off their lunch menu - 2 courses for £8.95. Excellent service and food. Will definitely be back soon.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Albertluca
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Evening meal”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had a lovely Thai meal. Lovely decor and the service was professional. I made a waitress a ware that drink was toon high in the glass. And she changed with no excuses. Very impressed. Great service. Food was lovely and choice of typical Thai traditional food what I really and my partner wanted. Be back.

Stirling
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It had it all!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My mum and I went for an early evening meal here last week, we are both coeliac so it's hard to find places that cater for gluten free diets when dining out.. Upon arrival we asked about the gluten free options on the menu and the staff seemed to really know their stuff. We were then seated without any fuss or waiting. We then noticed there were no gluten free options on the starter menu of the early evening menu however the staff were very helpful and we were able to choose a starter from the whole menu and if it was similar in price we didnt pay any extra. Our drinks and food arrived quickly and presented to an amazing standard, the food was amazing! The atmosphere was also great, relaxed and calm :) overall our experience was faultless and we will definitely be back!

1 Thank fyfe2204