“Worth a visit”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Oulton Broad, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We both love Thai food but have limited access to it in our hometown so always try a Thai meal when away. This was particularly good, with lots of variety on the menu. We had two courses and all was delicious. I also had a mango margarita which I would thoroughly recommend.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Top draw”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First time here but not the last. Top draw service. Lovely food. All round good meal. Will be returning.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sarahh1967
Poole, United Kingdom
“Not good!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Though I turned up in time for the special meal price they advertised outside they refused to give it to me! When I ordered food for my son and me we were told that the Chicken Thai Green Coconut Curry was not hot and the menu even rated this as mild. It was so hot that my son could not eat it and comparing to many Thai Restaurant curries I have eaten this restaurant was disgraceful!!! I do recommend that you do not go there!

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Mark B
Jintanathai, Manager at Jintana Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
The early evening special £12.95 two course menu runs until 6pm. The till system is programmed to change the prices automatically after this time back to the standard menu. This eliminates any errors. You were therefore NOT on time! The Green Curry is clearly marked with a bright red chilli on the menu to indicate it is spicy. Please do not hold us responsible for your poor parenting choice to feed this to your son. Our curries use authentic imported ingredients, and are cooked by experienced Thai chefs. One last note, had you brought this to our attention at the time, we would have happily cooked another dish for your son that was more suitable for children. Please use Trip Advisor for constructive reviews rather than a platform for a tantrum!
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Jintana on a recent Sunday evening and have to say it was one of the best Thai meals we have had for a long time. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Service was first class. We ordered the tom yum soup and Thai fish cakes, and both were delicious. For our mains I had the chicken jungle curry which was very spicy, just how I like it. My wife had the spicy prawn salad, equally delicious. Prices were reasonable and excellent value for money. Would definitely go back!

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best Thai I've Had in a While”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant was very very good - we love Thai and my partner and I agreed that this was some of the best Green Curry we've had. The staff was courteous, the food quick and hot! Definitely go here.

Visited May 2014