“Mixed - all depends on your taste”
Review of Sutherlands Restaurant - CLOSED

Sutherlands Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We came here as a group of 7 adults and one toddler, the rest of our party chose to go the pub next door.

We ordered a range again - lasagna, Burgers, kids veggie meal, a couple ordered sandwiches.

Those with the lasagna were very impressed, good portion sizes, no complaints by anyone on the chips. The burgers came with giant onion rings on - they were fantastic.

My two friends who ordered the burger were happy with there's but I have to say part way through mine I felt ill - it just tasted a bit funny - not sure if it was the mayo as that was the difference between our burgers - I add mayo and my burger had a weird sweet taste to it. Couldn't eat it in the end.

The service was very average - not exactly friendly or welcoming, the decor is very dated and a little bit of a hodgepodge of everything.

The group that went to the pub next to us had a similar experience - but there food was cheaper. For what I paid for the food I expected the experience to be better. I wouldn't go out of my way for this place again, definitely wouldn't go for the roast.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Been today 28 sept 2013, dont understand how some people have said the food was good it was dreadfull, just cheap dirty pub food. We ordered the roast beef which was boil in a bag or microwave, the roast spuds were frozen iceland crap as was the yorkshire pudding and veg, if you like good food PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We called at this restaurant for lunch on the 24 September 2013. It was just starting to become busy at about 1 pm but we had no problem getting a table. The waitresses were quick and pleasant and our order was taken and processed in short order. We ordered steak and ale pie with chips and vegetables ( boiled or mashed potatoes were available ) and were served quickly ( about 5 minutes ) with delicious, piping hot food in quite large quantities.
The steak pie was of the type served in a bowl with a pastry crust and contained good quality chunks of meat rather than the slurry some restaurants serve these days...delicious! A good quantity of properly cooked chips as well as two veg provided a very filling meal.
Drinks were average prices about what we would expect for a tourist area, and of good quality. Altogether, a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were told that no tables were available but could buy a drink from the bar and sit in the waiting area. Stood at the bar while 4 staff went behind it for whatever reason and totally ignored us. no signs telling customers where the waiting area actually was so got the impression that staff thought all customers were psychic. Get some signs up please!!!

1  Thank paulanderson801
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Unfortunately we didn't check out any where to eat before we arrived for a weekend in Bowness, so decided to wander around and came across this restaurant and menu looked ok, place itself looked ok from outside so decided to try it out. It is very dated inside and the area we were shown to had food left from earlier in the day on the floor and crumbs all all over the chair. Service not too bad initially,but the food was terrible. It was Sunday evening and main advert was Sunday roast, so I thought plenty of fresh vegetables and tasty potatoes! I ordered off main menu - stew in a pot - which to be fair wasn't too bad, but there wasn't much veg and the mash tasted very much like packet, it was horrid. I actually asked for more gravy and was told that there would be a cost and I shouldn't need it as there was plenty in my pot. Never been any where before and got that response when asked for extra gravy. Sorry but wouldn't recommend it and won't be returning based on our experience.

1  Thank tim6666