“EVENING DINNER - superb, well prepared, very reasonable cost”
Review of Sutherlands Restaurant - CLOSED

Sutherlands Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were stopping in the McDonalds Hotel on the front but opted to eat out on the Friday, we chose Sutherlands Restaurant purely as it looked busy which is a good sign. Have to say one of the best decisions we made. first course of homemade cauliflower soup was a delight to eat, supplied with a roll of course. main course we both opted for was the beef roast with veg,roast potatoes etc, good sized portions and very filling main course. Dessert was the apple/raspberry crumble with cream which once again out did itself, wonderful to taste, very filling,good sized portions so much so I could not finish it, unusual for me, a small waiting time of no more than 5minutes before being escorted to your seats, staff very helpful, polite and the courses arrived in what seemed the perfect time from one course to the next. would def recommend to others. Excellent value for money, very well priced. We hope to return to Windermere and will definetily eat in this restaurant again.

There are newer reviews for Sutherlands Restaurant

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had sausage mash and onion rings, I dont understand why you would serve onion rings with sausage and (instant) mash, my wife had lamb shoulder at £13 it should be falling off the bone, not the poor meal she was served. Wouldn't go back and definately wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

quick and cheery service - great pate and the roast beef was alright too and the husband said it was a very good pint!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were recommended to try lamb henry there by the staff from our guest house and it was really great meal. Very generous portions of good quality food and good selection of drinks. The only downside was that the choice of wine by glass was very limited and so we had to share a bottle. We only had a main and drink each as the main course was big enough for guys and too big for the girls so can't really comment on starters/desserts. Overall it was nice meal and good value for money - we were expecting much higher prices in the town full of tourists.
I am glad we didn't read the negative reviews beforehand as we might have changed our minds about going there. Our experience was very positive and we will definitely go there again on our next visit to Bowness.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The atmosphere was really friendly and the fire in the hearth mad it very welcoming. The staff were very efficient and very friendly. The food was delicious and the portions are not small. I would especially recommend the garlic mushrooms for starters , but be warned it is a meal in itself. Prices are very reasonable too. I would recommend this Restaurant to anyone visiting Bowness on Windermere, and I will certainly be visiting again next time I'm in the area.