“excellent service and food”
Review of Mela Spice Fusion

Mela Spice Fusion
Price range: US$17 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Cheshire
“excellent service and food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

clean and very cosy.
food was excellent service was good too.
would recommend this indian.
tandoori chicken with a vindaloo sauce, food was hot and very tasty.

Visited June 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have never eaten such a disgusting Indian meal. We ordered 2 cokes upon arrival which were both flat, when we asked them to change them the waiter snatched the glasses away and 5 minutes later returned with 2 more equally flat glasses of coke. The popadoms were old and not at all fresh. When the main meals turned up even the look of them was disgusting. I ordered a chicken naga chilli ( which I order almost every time we go out for a curry)it had absolutely no taste at all. So obvious it was a ordinary curry with lots if curry powder added. The chicken was old and really dry.
My wife ordered chicken jalfrezi which was as flavourless and looked just as disgusting as mine. A bowl of dried up chicken onion and peppers. The rice was awful and both the naan breads were different to what was ordered. I just asked for the bill and when I spoke to the waiter about the quality of the food he just looked at me then walked off!! So rude.
I wouldn't eat from here ever again even if they were paying me.

• Visited June 2014
London
“It was manic but worth it!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We tried to get in 3 other restaurants to no avail! Mela was our last chance before we got fish & chips and back to our bed and breakfast.

In fact we got the last table before they started turning people away, never seen that ever before.

The service was superb even though they were under pressure and they never hurried us out until we were ready.

Really different to your usual Indian restaurant more Fusion.

I had a Naga chicken curry only had 2 chilli for hotness , it was hot was not unbearable , not sure I could try the vindaloo it had 5 chilli for hotness.

My wife had a chicken curry with lemon , she said no idea how they made that it was so tasty like nothing she had ever had in her life!

We live in Kent so we can't wait to return but next time we will book!

1 Thank Stevie1954
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service. Well recommended.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been to Mela before and this time went with my sister and husband. They were a bit apprehensive at first however once we sat and got a drink they were good. The service was excellent, we ordered poppodoms and needed an extra tray which was no problem to them. We ordered a main and rice each and garlic nann. We were all so impressed with the food it was spot on. One of the best Indians I have had in ages leaving us wanting more.....
And it was reasonable priced which you don't get in Indians usually.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LND88
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food good service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived at Mela without booking early on a Saturday night but were still able to have a table. we were a little apprehensive but no need, the food and the service were top notch. Portions were generous and the Madras WAS Madras. nice and spicy. Staff were very helpful and friendly and they were glad to help out. would certainly visit again when I am next in Bowness!

Visited May 2014