“Perhaps a Smile would be nice?”
Review of The Old Pump House

The Old Pump House
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old Pump House is a small well established coffee shop, we specialise in good coffee, fantastic home made cakes, sandwiches etc. We also have fresh fruit frozen yoghurts, icecream, icecream milkshakes,smoothies and lots lots more. Come and see for yourself.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perhaps a Smile would be nice?”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Walking past here and realised a snack was in order. Never been in before so didnt know what to expect. Only 3 other customers in on our visit, we stood looking at the menu (over the counter) deciding what to have as the lady behind the counter just stood and stared at us, we ordered and got no smile, no thanks at all.
Had our snack and left without a bye bye, defo not be going back.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Huddersfield
“Worst decaff coffee we have ever had the misfortune to purchase.”
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Called here for a coffee, I am caffeine intolerant therefore my wife and I only drink decaff. Ordered two coffees expecting a nice ground coffee as this was supposed to be a coffee shop, got the cheapest nastiest weak instant served, my wife and I took one sip, looked at each other got up and walked out!Luckily Costa 5minutes walk away quenched our thirst!! Do NOTexpect a good decaff here!

Newcastle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute little cafe with lake views”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Me and my partner visit the lakes fairly regularly and this little cafe is one of our better finds in Bowness. It has a varied selection to offer aswell as a friendly atmosphere. We sat outside in the sunshine, with coffees and a huge jam and cream scone. Both were delicious. I have never thought to write a review but after looking at some of the below, I thought it necessary to share our positive experiences. Definitely will be back!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Abigail U
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Coffee shop but not on par with competitors”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

A little disappointed, hot choc was a powder and latte didn't taste of coffee. If you call yourself a coffee shop in this day and age, you have to be a coffee shop.

Visited February 2012
“Verbally abused whilst in the customer toilet by the Manager.”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I had a sandwich at this coffee shop. I went to the outside toilet with my two year old son to change his nappy. When I was nearly finished the manager was banging on the door shouting at me to hurry up, as as well as other verbal abuse, that she had a hernia and needed the toilet. She told me she was the manager as if that was good enough reason to be sooooo rude. I will be taking this matter further.

6 Thank Rosaleen1