“Excellent Service”

The Old Pump House
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Old Pump House is a small well established coffee shop, we specialise in good coffee, fantastic home made cakes, sandwiches etc. We also have fresh fruit frozen yoghurts, icecream, icecream milkshakes,smoothies and lots lots more. Come and see for yourself.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stopped hear for refreshments in the afternoon. The food was not 10/10 as walnuts were missing from our Pear & Walnut salad. This was beautifully compensated by the service. I will recommend this place as human error can happen anywhere and everywhere but we left happy that was the Name of the Game.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ashleyags

• Polish first
Preston, Lancashire
“Pleasant Stop off for Refreshments”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped off to have a light lunch. We both had soup and a coffee, both soups were nice and tasty. Staff were friendly and prices reasonable for Bowness. Pleasant little place to stop off.

Visited February 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,232 helpful votes
“A little oasis...”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

A pretty little watering hole situated in this most popular of Lakeland destinations.

The outside tables are very popular, when the weather permits and there is plenty of light fayre to refresh the weary traveller.

7 Thank Howi58
London, United Kingdom
“Old Pump House, Bowness”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from a weekend visit to the Lakes.

No visit would be complete without a cup of tea and generous slice of home made cake and the Pump House definitely delivered.

I am at a loss as to understand previous negative reviews on this establishment?

The tea and cake were top notch and it was definitely service with a smile!

We will most certainly be returning on our next visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Roddy G
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A cafe which doesn't seem to like it's customers”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We visited about 4 pm on a glorious day and should have realised that there was something wrong when there was only one other group of three there. Talk about Rude and Ruder!!! 2 staff, an older woman and a woman with a foreign accent in attendance. No how are you doing? No hello, De nada, zilch, just blank stares. My sister ordered tea for two and asked if they took debit cards. A straight and short NO we don't do that!!! My turn next, very little food in the fridge and no offer to make a sandwich. OK I will just have a diet Tango, No, we don't do that. OK a normal one then please. "It's in the fridge" was the sharp reply. Got the drink was asked for the money, not a please or thank you in sight. Then, horror of horrors I asked for a glass and had a plastic cup plonked down without a word. And then I really put the cat among the pigeons and asked for some ice and in one voice they said "We don't do that" by which time we had started to giggle which resulted in more frosty stares. As we set the tea cups down I noticed that there were brown stains or marks inside one of the cups so went back inside to ask for a new cup. I was pleasant about it with a please and a smile but got a snarling, "That's not a dirty cup it's in the glaze" me: "I would like a new cup though please" Again it was repeated about the glaze in one voice, with an echo from the accented woman. The cup was then snatched from my hand a new cup grudgingly handed over

We really should have walked away from this place but two of the three of us use sticks and it was a roasting hot day we stayed. New Yorkers have a reputation for rudeness, but these two beat New Yorkers hands down. We sat down outside to drink our drinks and before we knew it, the younger woman was outside with a brush and was putting chairs on tables to give us the hint to go. This was at about 4.30 pm and the area was still busy. They obviously feel that customers get in the way of their day, I would have thought that at peak holiday times they would have jumped at the chance to stay open a little later to make a little more profit.

I suspect that these two don't get much repeat business. I for one will avoid the place next time I go to Bowness because of it's aggressive and very rude staff

• Visited July 2013