“briliant experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“briliant experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

john was a first class host and did everything possible to make the sail n dine an experience we will never forget we wanted something special for my wife as it was her birthday and we got it we would definatly do it again we also made some very nice friends on the trip the food and wine was excellent we could not say anything bad about sail n dine as it was brilliant thank you john and hope to see you again soon all the best to you Pauline and billie

Visited May 2014

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third time on board "maddie too" another fantastic time was had by us all. John quite simply the BEST.....you yet again made us feel so welcome, food was again exceptional and wine flowing freely we couldn't have asked for better, What a great birthday surprise!! We will be back again, thank you .... Andrew and Ciara Ramsden.

1 Thank andrewramsden78
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this trip for our 16th wedding anniversary. Despite the miserable, cold weather it turned out to be an absolutely fantastic experience. John was, from the moment we met him to the minute we left, the perfect host. His easy chat put us both at ease and got us talking to the other couples who shared the trip with us. Everyone got a chance at steering the boat and both Will (my hubby) and I really loved this. Could have done it all day. After a couple of hours sailing on the lake, where John pointed out lots of points of interest, we moored up and had a fab, home made lunch, a couple of glasses of wine and a glass of fizz provided by one of the other couples. Can't wait to do this again, will bring our children to share the experience with us next time. Thanks John.

Visited May 2014
Lancashire, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked the morning sail and lunch for a party of four - myself, my wife, my sister in law and brother in law to celebrate my brother in law's special Birthday - we try to think of an innovative idea for each Birthday and keep it as a surprise from the Birthday person until the actual day.
We found Sail n Dine when searching on the Internet for  fresh ideas and liked the sound of it.
We had very good vibes before we went and as things turned out the experience exceeded our expectations.
John the skipper who is very personable and professional looked after us admirably throughout and we enjoyed the hands on sailing.
The Lunch which matched up to the description on the website was very enjoyable.
John was very informative about the history of the Lake and in his description of the landmarks and buildings which we passed as we proceeded along the lake
We thoroughly recommend the whole experience and intend to return some day for an evening sail.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Marriage Proposal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked the Sunday Buffet Sailing exclusively for me and my girlfriend. The plan was to propose on the boat.

Well what can I say, it was one of the best experiences of my life, John was fantastic from start to finish. He was very personable, professional and we both felt we were in safe hands.

We both had a go at sailing the boat which was great as we were unsure of how much we would be able to get involved. John was very reassuring and knew his stuff not only about sailing but about the local area and landmarks around the lake.

We then headed back to the Marina where just before the food was served I got down on one knee and popped the question (She said YES). John then poured us some champagne and served us some lovely food. Make sure you try his Mum's homemade plum and apple chutney it is delicious especially with the pate.

The whole is experience is one we will never forgot and we will definitely be booking with John again in the future maybe for our anniversary?

I would recommended John and Sail n Dine to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks John from Alex & Lisa