“An evening to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail 'n' Dine

Sail 'n' Dine
More attraction details
Owner description: May 2016 marks 30 years of trading and 4th consecutive Certificate of excellence award! I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 lunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper!
Carnforth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An evening to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

What a fabulous experience!! John made it so special for us. This was a treat from our family and it certainly was a special treat. John picked us up from our B & B, took us out on the beautiful Lake Windermere and wined and dined us in style!! The cooking was second-to-none and John was the perfect host. A very different experience which I can thoroughly recommend.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great experience from start to finish - thanks John!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I organised this for my boyfriends 50th as I wanted it to be something special and John certainly made this happen, from my first enquiry John discussed the options as I wanted us to eat and do some sailing for hands on experience so John suggested the buffet sail, and we exclusively hired the boat so it could be that extra bit special. John was very helpful, informative and great in responding whilst we were finalising the trip for the 7th May.

The day came and so did the rain, it was a bit wet but John, was very charming and made us both feel relaxed for the entire time, his stories and knowledge he shared were interesting and the conversation was great throughout the time, which passed quickly and we ended up sailing up and down the lake quite easily. John made the decision to return to the marina for our lunch due to the worsening weather but we managed our 2 hour sailing time just perfectly.

John, then put the heating on so we could warm up and he prepared our food and served our champagne and buffet lunch and explained where some of the locally produced food had come from, you could tell his mum and himself put a lot of love into the food and it was beautiful, very tasty and more than enough!

We both hope we will be booking again for some more sailing as it was a great day and hope to bring some friends as it's an experience we will not forget, it was a great day to make memories for Dave's 50th and John did everything he could to make it special for us!

A great trip, great sailing, great food and a great guy!

We recommend it to anyone tempted to book, you won't be disappointed!

Many thanks John!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“briliant experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

john was a first class host and did everything possible to make the sail n dine an experience we will never forget we wanted something special for my wife as it was her birthday and we got it we would definatly do it again we also made some very nice friends on the trip the food and wine was excellent we could not say anything bad about sail n dine as it was brilliant thank you john and hope to see you again soon all the best to you Pauline and billie

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third time on board "maddie too" another fantastic time was had by us all. John quite simply the BEST.....you yet again made us feel so welcome, food was again exceptional and wine flowing freely we couldn't have asked for better, What a great birthday surprise!! We will be back again, thank you .... Andrew and Ciara Ramsden.

1 Thank andrewramsden78
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this trip for our 16th wedding anniversary. Despite the miserable, cold weather it turned out to be an absolutely fantastic experience. John was, from the moment we met him to the minute we left, the perfect host. His easy chat put us both at ease and got us talking to the other couples who shared the trip with us. Everyone got a chance at steering the boat and both Will (my hubby) and I really loved this. Could have done it all day. After a couple of hours sailing on the lake, where John pointed out lots of points of interest, we moored up and had a fab, home made lunch, a couple of glasses of wine and a glass of fizz provided by one of the other couples. Can't wait to do this again, will bring our children to share the experience with us next time. Thanks John.