“Really nice meal”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered take away for two. It's so good value for money. The take away boxes were very full. Beef dish was a little salty to my taste. The plum sauce duck has so much duck. The spicy chicken is basically the same to the shredded chilly chicken. All very tasty! The waiter greeted us when we arrive. He politely asked whether we are eating in or having take away. We said take away. He guided us to a very comfortable seating area with leather sofa and tea table. He gave us the menu. We felt very welcomed at this restaurant. The staff are very warm. We will recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Karen L

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here before on a previous visit 2 years ago and glad we popped in again. Chicken and noodle soup was nice as were the homemade veg spring rolls. My wife had chicken satay with fried rice which was tasty. I went for a chicken fried rice, portion was large with lots of chicken.

1  Thank barrycook
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Golden Fortune for a meal while staying in Bowness. We found the staff to be very friendly and polite and there was plenty of choice on the menu. My hot and sour soup was delicious and my wife enjoyed her crab meat and sweetcorn soup too. We shared the mixed hors d'ouvres which had a good selection and we left a clean plate!
Our main course choices were pork and cashew nuts and sweet and sour chicken. The generous portions were delicious although neither of us were able to finish them. We left feeling full and happy! The price was very reasonable and we will definitely be back! We chose this restaurant due to its positive reviews on TripAdvisor and were definitely not disappointed!

2  Thank Rob N
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant and we're highly disappointed. We ordered 3 dishes and they brought the food, all of it, in under 3 minutes. As fast as a McDonalds but less fresh than junk food. The curries were synthetic and while the vegetable were fresh the whole food tasted like it had been taken out of a freezer and shoved into a microwave for instant serving. We were starving and at that point all food seems good. However, we just about managed to eat it. The service was ok, nothing great and I had to chase up at the bar to get my check. The best part of the meal was the fortune cookies. These tasted really good!! It's not a cheap place and the food is simply quite bad.

4  Thank Sameer2011
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Portions average , prices high we felt pressured to eat and leave staff looked petrified if they didn't clear and change table as we where sitting there finishing our drinks. very rude asking if we wanted to tip the staff almost peer pressure. compared to other eateries. I would not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank JakeStretch