My wife and I have just returned from a two day break at The Linthwaite House Hotel and have read a scathing review recently put on this site from a family in Macclesfield. We cannot believe that this is the same hotel that we just left this morning. From the moment we arrived to the time of our departure nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who at all times acted in a most professional and courteous manner.
Our standard room with en suite bathroom was more than adequate and spotlessly clean and tidy.I was particularly pleased to find I could pick up Sky sports channels (if I required and had the time) something we don't have at home!!
With regard to the food, my wife and I found it to be of a very high standard and the waiter service in the restaurant was impeccable.
This was our first visit to The Linthwaite and most definitely won't be the last!!!
Stuart & Sandra Neil, Altrincham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District