Just returned from our mini-moon at Linthwaite House, & from the moment we arrived, we were made to feel extremely welcome by the very friendly staff, our room ( 28) had it's own front door just along from the main reception, which we really liked, the room itself was very modern and trendy with everything you would need & more but still very cosy with a wood "effect" fire at the end of the HUGE bed!
The bathroom was amazing with a large bath & a very large shower /wet room,
The hotels reception rooms are all very tastefully decorated with roaring fires and amazing views, just what you need on a cold November afternoon!
We only sampled breakfast in the hotel restaurant as we chose to eat dinner in the town but it was really tasty with a large choice & very professionally served
We had a lovely walk around the gardens and tarn which are all very well looked after
On the whole we found this hotel and it's staff a real credit to its owners and will definitely be back
Would we recommend this hotel
To a friend?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District