We've been visiting the Linthwaite now for about 13 years and still choose it over other Lake District hotels time and time again.
We only usually manage a 1-night stay (without our 3 children, bliss) and normally go for my birthday in November and wedding anniversary in March. We never leave the hotel!
Our last stay, as always, was faultless. Beautiful rooms, amazing food and a wine list sent from heaven. 24 hours felt like a 2 week break.
It's so nice to have your special occasion acknowledged be it a card in the room or a marzipan iced with Happy Birthday at the end of an amazing evening dinner.
All the staff engage with you, are courteous, polite and professional and nothing is too much trouble.
Already planning our next return visit, because we know it will once again meet if not exceed our expectations.
Keep it up Andy and your team. Can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District