What a delightful hotel giving us a much needed blissful break from our non-stop lives as parents. The location is perfect and peaceful, the décor divine but the most impressive thing was the amazing service. We never had to wait more than seconds to catch someone's eye to ask for something. The staff were just the right combination of friendly and professional and made us feel like real VIPs, special thanks to Rob Hilton who looked after us so well on arrival - a real natural. The food was great and the best thing was there were no hidden charges for the little extras especially at breakfast where many expensive hotels charge a fee for something other than an English breakfast, bring on the smoked salmon. I also thought the bar prices were very reasonable for a nice hotel. Definitely a recommendation and we plan on returning...if we can get a babysitter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 30-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Wednesday the 1st of November. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District