“Short Break”

Linthwaite House
Bradwell, United Kingdom
“Short Break”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My partners Dad booked this to bring back some student memories of the Lakes. The food and the team were excellent and could not have been more helpful. The evening meal was top notch and the breakfast a great selection of local foods.
The views from the veranda were great and the grounds well kept and pleasant to walk round. You need a car here as its a long way from town (all uphill). The rooms were good, but if I had any criticism it was a bit noisy and sound traveled between rooms.
Its not cheap but worth the money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Many thanks for your kind and constructive review. It's true the hotel is one mile South of Bowness and it's uphill, but that's what gives us the most amazing views and setting, 400' above sea level. You can see over to the Old Man of Coniston, beyond Lake Windermere.

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I have just spent a night at the hotel. This is our second visit and we loved it just as much this time as we did the last time we stayed. The hotel is wonderful, the staff attentive, the food is superb and the position above Lake Windermere lovely. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. Well worth the money!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
many thanks indeed for the very kind review,
owner
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is a MUST if your visiting the Lake District. My husband and I have stayed here about 5 times and every time has been good. We stayed one Christmas with other family members and the hotel goes out of its way to make you feel festive and special. The rooms are fab and the restaurant is great. We will of course return soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Fantastic; thanks very much for you very kind review.
Chester, England
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We dined for Lunch here on Tuesday May13th, 3 courses for £19.95 is unbelievable value for the quality of food & presentation. Compares favourably with some of the Michelin starred restaurants in the area. see pics for details

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carl1955
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Ah, what can I say? I also think it's great value and top notch cooking.
We should be beating them away from the door.....
Many thanks for the very kind review of lunch.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband & I were traveling with another couple & stayed here for two nights - May 5th & 6th - we had good weather (enjoyed lunch and cocktails on their scenic patio), and an absolutely wonderful stay! I cannot say enough nice things about Linthwaite House Hotel, service was exceptional - we sensed that our satisfaction was their motivation. Our room was beautiful, with views of Windermere, and dinner in the restaurant was one of the best during our trip. Hope to come back in the near future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pattyt030
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I like that; we definitely do get motivated by guests's satisfaction. It's what we do.
Come back soon!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked this hotel yesterday morning via an online booking facility and from the choice of venues I had in front of me, I couldn't have picked better!

The hotel is in beautiful grounds, with stunning views of Windermere and the lady who owned the property (sorry didn't get your name) was the most helpful I've ever come across. The place was immaculate from front to back and top to bottom. After I'd been out for a run and a meal out in Bowness (I missed their meal time or I would have eaten there - my fault), I got back to my room to find the light on, bed turned down and blinds closed. Also next morning I said that I would be missing breakfast (due to my unhealthy need to swim in Windermere early) and low and behold the staff had organised a carry out bag of goodies to set me on my way! What can I say, these guys really know how to look after you and I couldn't recommend Linthwaite highly enough...!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin R
mikebevans, Owner at Linthwaite House, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Ah well that's an unusual review, someone stays but doesn't get to eat at Linthwaite at all. No matter I am delighted you appreciated the way the team looked after you.
The lady who handled your call was probably not my wife, but one of our wonderful staff who just sound like they own the place; which is a good thing isn't it?
I hope next time you'll be able to eat something though,
Mike

PS We have a beautiful tarn in the grounds which is our very own outdoor wild swimming venue. The water's sweet, literally, to drink.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The high praise for this fantastic establishment is well justified. What makes it are the staff more than anything else. Everyone knows your name, they are friendly but not intrusive and are most attentive. The outdoor areas are fantastic, setting beautiful, and if you get the weather then what a bonus. Rooms are comfortable; not top table but comfortable.

Meal in the restaurant was absolutely fantastic. No need to travel to other restaurants that might be recommended in Windermere- it is all happening here.

If I have one negative it is their practice of putting any extras on your room and never signing anything. At checkout I guessed what I owed and was out by £100. The bill was accurate but it is hard for you to keep track of your spend if you don't pay as you go or sign bills along the way.

Don't miss this place.

Room Tip: Insist on signing for things or paying as you go, otherwise you might have a surprise when it comes...