Had afternoon tea on a Wednesday afternoon and we did need to book as very busy. Afternoon tea was very good, good balance of sandwiches, cakes and scones but not particularly generous in the quantity but okay. We did not have sufficient clotted cream but damson jam was very good. The cakes were delicious but the scones, although fresh, were a little on the dry side for my palette. Main issue was having to wait 20 minutes until we received more milk by which time my tea was cold, so service could have been a lot better, but the staff were busy. Excellent views especially towards Lake Windermere, however I am not sure I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 30-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Wednesday the 1st of November. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District