Previous reviews have said all there is to about the quality of the hotel and staff, all excellent. The hotel is only a pleasant 20 minute walk into Bowness although a short stretch (200yds) is on the fairly busy A5074 with no pavement. The grounds are lovely with short walks and viewpoints offering wonderful views over Windermere lake and the mountains beyond.
From the hotel we were able, in a day, to drive through Ambleside, over Hardknott Pass (Roman Fort) into Eskdale ( walk up to waterfalls at Stanley Ghyll ), visit Wasdale for views of Scafell Pike and back through Broughton and Newby Bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest addition to the Leeu Collection portfolio is Linthwaite House, a 36-room country house retreat overlooking Lake Windermere in England’s scenic Lake District. Breathtaking views, private gardens and woodland grounds, and an award-winning restaurant make for an idyllic stay. Linthwaite House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday the 19th of June until Spring 2018. Leeu Collection will be upgrading this popular Lake District boutique hotel in order to bring you an even better, more beautiful Linthwaite House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District