My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful bank holiday stay, and we cannot speak highly enough about this hotel. Arriving on a sunny afternoon, the gin and tonic on the terrace overlooking lake windermere set the scene for the weekend. The food was as good if not better than anything we have had at similar hotels - their chef is a real find. Service was relaxed but very efficient and the manager Sarah was an ever present smiling face. The public rooms are spacious and comfortable, and we simply cannot find fault. Not perhaps a hotel for young children, but all ages well represented. It is not the cheapest hotel we have ever stayed at , but well worth the money. We will be back, if allowed !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. Two rooms have private hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Linthwaite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel
- Linthwaite House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District