“Excellent host,excellent breakfast.”

Virginia Cottage Guest House
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent host,great location in the heart of bowness. our room upper level in need of modernising and was alittle small for the cost of the room.
Breakfast superb every
morning good selection available.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here in March with my partner for an overnight stay. Brilliant location as it is near shops, greats bars and restaurants. The owner is friendly and welcoming and our room was lovely with the added bonus of an air bath. Very reasonably priced and we were served a fantastic breakfast in the morning. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here on 25th April.

I arrived in advance of my Boyfriend who was playing golf until 5pm and was joining me thereafter. I arrived just after 2pm and received a lovely warm welcome.

I was shown to my room - a delightful large room with a 4 poster bed; one small snag for me was that it had no shower. Although the hotel was pretty full - with no fuss whatsoever - I was offered an alternative room. I was given Room No.5 and I could not have been happier. Although not a 4 poster, it was a most delightful spacious room - with the most comfiest bed ever! and the little pack of home made biscuits was a lovely touch.

I enjoyed a little time in the Guest Lounge reading my book (the lounge has complimentary Port and biscuits) ... lovely touch!

My Boyfriend joined me at 5pm and we went out to dinner at Postillion (see separate review).

Breakfast at Virginia Cottage was beautiful .... the best scrambled eggs I have ever tasted and piping hot! My Boyfriend - always - wherever we stay, complains about the quality of breakfast sausages - but not on this occasion - he said they were excellent quality!

Virginia Cottage is in an excellent location and the ability to use the car park of the hotel opposite without any charge is a godsend. (Parking voucher given on arrival).

Thank you very much for a most enjoyable stay.

We will not hesitate to return and highly recommend to others.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect location and good breakfast and good service and cleaning engouh. The boss is very kind. Easy parking you can go other lakes very easy.

The room is very nice for the four foot bed, my daughter is very interesting on it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here on 25th & 26th april. Easy to find and in a great location. Car park is just over the road in another hotel. Had an issue with our room after the first night which was resolved immediately. Breakfast was excellent and will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Davs56
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very good B&B in an excellent location, only 100 yards from the shops, pubs and restaurants. Great breakfast. Friendly and informative staff. Owners have plans in place to update and modernise where required. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Virginia Cottage. We received a very friendly welcome and were made to feel at home. The accommodation was very good, as were the breakfasts.Virginia Cottage is well situated in Bowness. All in all, a very welcome break.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel