We went to the Belsfield on the worst day of the winter on 4th february 2012. We read the weather forecasts about the snow, but went anyway. We checked in at 2pm and immediately got an upgrade to a Lake view on the first floor, this was extremely well received by us and the lady on reception made sure it was ok on the first floor because i had expressed in my booking that i wanted a low floor because of my asthma. I think the hotel wasn't very busy either. The room was nice but a bit chilly, but there was an extra electric radiator to use. We had a nice shower room with toilet. The hotel has been painted recently and has some nice sitting rooms to gaze over the lake at. (in our case the snowy lake) In the morning we had breakfast in the large dining room and this was very nice cooked breakfast as well. There weren't many people around but i think the weather had spoilt it for people. This is a lovely hotel in a fantastic location, i will be going back to experience it again , but maybes in the summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District