Sorry for the delay, but we have been waiting for our photos. We got married at the Belsfield in September 2011 and it was wonderful. Although it rained rather a lot on our wedding day, the setting, the staff, service, delicious and beautifully presented food, and the character of the hotel itself more than made up for this. The people who review this hotel as "tired" are totally missing the point - this is a REAL historical house, and the renovations are in keeping with the period, unlike some "pseudo historical" country house hotels. If you organise a wedding or special function here, you are not getting some bland conference room, but the feel of a stately home (especially in the beautiful "Adam Room", the magnificent "moonwaters Restaurant" over-looking the lake, and the drawing room areas - and at a price that is very reasonable, with an unsurpassed location. The staff were extremely helpful in making our day special, especially Mr. Jobson and Kate Conroy, who were very organised and knew exactly what they were doing. You really would have to "go some" to outshine this as a wedding venue in the Lake District - as all our guests agreed. Many of our guests stayed with us for the two nights and really had a great time. I'd post more photos (we just got the album today and are delighted - the setting is stunning) but most of them have identifiable people in them. I highly recommend this hotel for a special occasion, or just for a lovely break. Oh yes, you can just walk out of the French windows and straight down through the lovely private gardens to the lake - what more could you want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District