Like a trip back to the 1960s...but not in a good way. We drove round a few hotels in the area on the off-chance of a room. The Belsfield had vacancies, but at £150 for Dinner, B&B for two, we expected modern quality. We were disappointed. The dated decor is reflected in the total lack of sound-proofing found in new hotels (the corridor light is very visible all around the bedroom door). So we spent the night hearing the noises of the neighbours and the drunks who kept on slamming bedroom doors and shouting.
Shower, sink and toilet in an area smaller than a wardrobe which desperately needs renovating as the tiles are half painted white and the towel rail has obviously replaced another one due to the polyfiller filling in numerous holes all around it.
Nice dinner, reasonable breakfast. But, overall, I think that this is the sort of hotel that makes foreign tourists visit Britain only once, Personally we would not stay here again or recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District