This hotel has the most amazing location and views across Lake Windermere are fantastic. Half of the rooms, the restaurant, bar and reading room look out across the lake. It is well worth upgrading to a lake view room if you are going to stay here. The breakfast is lovely, with great choice of both hot and cold, with great service. We used the pool and sauna every day of our 3 day break, and each time it was empty and we had it all to ourselves. The pool is quiet big, and a little cool, and is now getting a little old and worn around the edges - but still very servicable. The sauna is quiet small and fits max 6 people, and you have to switch it on 20 mins before use if you are the first person in there. This area is unsupervised and you have to get a key from reception, so cannot allow children there alone. The rooms were adequate with everything we could need, but as with the whole of the hotel, they could do with some decoration and maintenance to bring them back to their former glory. It is a very large, old hotel and has great character. The staff are lovely and helpful, and there is a lot of information availabe about the area, and books on local walks can be purchased at reception. There's a large free car park, and we never had trouble getting our car in even though it was Easter weekend and the hotel was full. The location of this hotel is it's saviour without a doubt, on the lake front, 2 minutes walk to the main street of Bowenss-on-Windermere where there are a number of great bars and restaurants to chose from, and lots of lovely shops to keep you occupied. We visted the nearby Tapas which was good and very resonably priced with great atmosphere, and the Porto restaurant, which was a little more expensive but food was lovely. We did not have an evening meal in the restaurant so cannot comment on the food quality, but the menu looked very good. You can walk easily to Windermere village - 1 mile - and a nice walk from here is up to Orrest head (20 minute walk to top of a hill with great views over the lake - sign posted from opposite the information centre).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District