Having stayed at the Belsfield many years ago for our Honeymoon it was with with great expectations and rose - coloured memories that we returned as an anniversary treat.
The title of this review sums the experience up.
The hotel screamed "tired " and in need of refurbishment. Our room was at the rear of the premises overlooking an enclosed courtyard and staff quarters - not a good start.
The room was quite spacious, immaculately clean and well presented. The bed was very comfortable.
The restaurant lacked atmosphere and clearly catered for touring coach party trade. The dining experience was saved by the exceptional lake views and the quality of the food.
The furnishings in the bar ( tables and seating ) were well worn, marked and in need of replacement and the service was hardly attentive- tables left with spilled drinks from previous customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District