Our daughters booked us a 2 night stay at The Belsfield as a Christmas present so we came for my birthday.
We booked a lake view room and what a view....
The staff were friendly, food was good, the rooms were clean, what else can you ask for. They had even left an extra heater in the room if we felt the need for it. We went when the rest of the country was under a blanket of snow so it was appreciated.
We had dinner one evening and then breakfasts in the morning all of which we thoroughly enjoyed. After a day out it was a pleasure to sit in front of the fires in both of the large open rooms downstairs. So relaxing.
The staff were not pushy as you often get, they just let us enjoy our stay without being asked every few minutes if we wanted to order a drink, coffee etc.
The dining room was a little run down but it was expected as it is such a large hotel.
We have been before many years ago and will definitely come again but sooner.
Staff at check in and restaurant should be commended. I asked for an iron and ironing board, it arrived within 15 minutes. Any other hotel would have taken a few hours at least.
We would definitely recommend The Belsfield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District