We stayed one night in the BELSFIELD Hotel paying £159 for the night In a small room with no view as such . The room was tired carpet stained not even a shower cap to be had ,but when we came down for breakfast it was beyond belief, No tables had been cleared we sat looking at dirty plates all the time ,the area where the fruit cereals etc were was a mess ,I asked them for more gratefuit and yoghurts as these were empty ,they came with the large tin and tipped it in to the bowl in front of me the same with the yoghurts ,no one came to take my order and I was told they didn't do this I had to get someone's attention ,the service was terrible it goes on and on ,eventually I went to see the manager who was very pleased he said for my feed back and wrote it all down in a book ,said he needs to address the breakfasts as he has only just taken over and has had a lot of problems which he is trying to sort .I did get a reduction of £40 but felt I had still paid to much for the night ,do not think we will ever go back again ,we travel all the time now we are retired and have had some wonderful hotels ,but I am afraid this is not one of them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District