Attended for business - we used three of the hotel rooms. Staff were friendly but there was no WIFI - terrible for business not even in the public areas. Then we had the weird of experience of sandwiches for lunch, they arrived and i am not kidding, stale bread a slice of thin beef and soldier strips for 7 people (half a soldier strip each)! Perhaps the worst sandwich I have ever been presented with in my entire life. In fact it nearly sent me over the edge. We complained and when they realised we were paying for the sandwiches and they were not being asked to provide as part of the package a platter of the Lake districts finest breaded specimens arrived. Very odd. Almost as though it was a case of "right boys - we need to maximise our profit and sandwiches are an area we can do that - feed them last weeks children's packed lunches and cut them into strips! mwwwuuhahahaha!"
Rooms were average.
Would not recommend for business use
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District