I wasn't expecting much as I know this hotel is undergoing a major and long overdue refurbishment - however I was incredibly surprised.
The reception area hasn't been touched yet and looks pretty dilapidated and depressing but the lady checking us in was helpful and very welcoming.
The public areas that have undergone the refurb are exceptional with beautiful views over Lake Windermere. The gardens are fantastically maintained and an absolute pleasure to sit and relax in with stunning views of the lake.
Our room was one of those which had already been refurbished and was completed to a very high standard and very comfortable. We paid for just a standard double but I was impressed with the standard and finish of the room.
The main highlight for me however was the staff - all of whom are incredibly friendly, professional and helpful - they have excellent knowledge of the local area. They all seem to genuinely enjoy what they do and go out of their way to make your stay as welcoming and pleasant as they can. Csaba in particular was very helpful and pleasant, both behind the bar and during the breakfast service - he is a credit to the hotel. He pointed out local walks that we may be interested in, and gave some excellent recommendations on sightseeing and attractions for a rainy day.
The breakfast was excellent with a good choice from a cold buffet and a hot selection cooked to order - once again all staff were exceptional. I had mentioned on the booking that I am intolerant to gluten and they had this covered as soon as we mentioned the room number - they went out of their way to make sure I was accommodated.
I look forward to visiting again once the refurbishments are completed and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Lake District. We are about to check out but I don't want to and wish we could stay longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District