We stayed here this past weekend, as a gift for our silver wedding. The hotel was under going some renovations, but this did not impact on our stay at all. Our room was decorated to a very high standard, there where tea/coffee facilities in the room, iron and board, plenty of storage space, small Laura Ashley tolietries in the bathroom, etc. The room was so clean, a credit to the cleanimg staff. We had a lake view room, and the view, as you can imagine was great.
A special thank you to a young man called Csaba, whom we met at breakfast, he was very attentive, pleasant and friendly, and gave me good tips on making goulash. It was lovely to have a conversation with him. We would both like to wish him well for his future. Also Dan who we met on the evening serving drinks outside, a friendly man. who gave me a tip on where I could photograph bats! I love wildlife photography so that tip was especially welcome.
The hotel had a pool area, which was kept very clean, and heated to just the right temperature, their where planty of towels in the changing areas. The pool was open from 7am till 9pm.
There was a varied choice at breakfast, cereals, toast, fruits, juices, cold meats, and the usual full Eglish fare, sausages, beans, bacon etc.
We would stay here again, the staff very helpful, friendly, hotel was located in a excellent place right on the lake front. If you are looking for something very grand, and English this is the place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District