Arrived on miserable day after flight from Dublin,although after 3pm were informed room not ready ,when we asked what time it would be we're given a short reply of ready when it's ready. When we did get a room ,no porter to help with bags,then the most overpowering smell of paint. My husband is an asthmatic and found this stay very difficult,I,m not but was still unpleasant.
More was to come ,the view was of the back of the building overlooking a roof covered with building rumble,windows were still masked with tape on the outside.the compendium was a few pieces of paper stapled together giving no info of local area.
Self service breakfast on the Sunday was fine ,however the next day nothing was on display,no menu but were asked what we would like.Amused to receive one poached egg the size of a golf ball sitting on a slice of toast and my husband about two tablespoons of baked beans on one slice of toast.not sure what we paid for this as we ordered through travel agent but don't believe it was cheap.next day as we had prepaid had to endure again, asked for two eggs and more toast.
Perhaps it would have been better to shut hotel down while renovations were being done ,thankfully this was our only negative stay in England but disappointing enough to want to put it in writing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District