We stayed 2 nights here in June 2010 on a travel offers deal, paying only £35 per person per night for dinner, bed & breakfast. Staff were all foreign but polite. Our room wasn't the best, but we were offered lake view or a suite if we were prepared to pay extra to upgrade. We decided to stay put, it was clean and the bed very comfortable indeed, no view except over the kitchen fans! The swimming pool was warm and clean and clean towels were provided, sauna not very hot, but since it was raining, we found it most pleasant down there. Food - breakfast is buffet style and you help yourself, there was plenty of choice and the food was generally good. Dinner is a choice of 3 courses and waiter served, it was not very hot but generally good. For what we paid it was good value and we were given a lake view table on 2 occasions, which was really nice. The hotel is delightfully old fashioned and the clientel are retired or elderly in the main. The location is superb, looking down to Bowness and Lake Windermere and it is in a quiet part of town. If this hotel was refurbished as it probably should be, you would pay a great deal more to stay, but we had nothing to complain about for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District