We stayed here for 2 nights for my partners birthday, I requested a lake view room however it was too expensive to upgrade however on arrival we were given room 233 and what an amazing room. We had a small private balcony with a table & Chairs that over looked Windermere Lake. This made our stay! We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony on the Sunday and the service was fantastic.
The staff were very helpful and the rooms were of a 5 star standard.
I would strongly recommend this hotel & room to others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District