We stayed in the hotel for two nights in May, the room we were allocated was absolutely stunning, with views over the lake, couldn't have asked for more.
The breakfast was excellent, with plenty of choice, although they were a bit disorganised on the days we stayed, it didn't take away from the overall enjoyment.
All the staff were welcoming from the reception staff to the waiting staff in the restaurant. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District