My sister & I stayed here for one night. This hotel is in an excellant spot, as we only had room only I cannot comment on the breakfast, or dinner, we could have paid extra but it seemed really expensive, so we enjoyed our own food in the bedroom. The room we had was at the back, we did book at the last minutes through expedia, so no lake view but the room was large and very comfortable. It was a bit conjested on arrival as a coach has just arrived at the same time, the very friendy concierge helped us and took our car and parked it a short walk away, checking in, no problem and quick. The Spa we enjoyed very much and we went to the "The Ship Inn" in the evening, live music being played which we enjoyed. The check out in the morning was easy as be had paid up front.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District