Well worth the money as a quality, well run, well managed hotel. Just stayed in room 235 this weekend which was at the back of the hotel but it didnt matter. Room was spacious with very clean, modern appliances with the attention to detail you notice if you are used to quality. view from the bar was great and right on the lake! Will book again as old fashioned looks, with modern well appointed rooms is a winner and just what we wanted. Well done to the team @ Old England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District