Visited this lake district hotel because of its central location .The reason was to take photos of the autumn colours (but the trees had not yet changed colour-10th oct.)
The room had a super view of Lake Windermere, was warm ,clean and the Tea making and toiletries were good quality.Good start!!
We had dinner and the staff made every effort to cater for my dietary needs.
The Spa room gets booked up quickly so if you want to treat yourself to any of the treatments
avoid being disappointed and book before you arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District